Saturday, March 1, 2014
WENATCHEE With seconds to go in the half, Pateros Coach Sheri Mortimer changed up the defense a bit to keep the fast-paced Republic Tigers in check.
But the Tigers moved to within one point after Demi Jo Vaughn put sank two freethrows as the clock ran down.
At the half, Pateros had a 22-21 lead over Republic.
Ashton Steggall accounted for 6 of Pateros' 22 points. Jessi Dowers and Vanessa Figueroa each added 4, with Lorie LaDoux and Katarina Wilson each knocking down a 3-pointer.
For Republic, Savannah Bowe, a 10th-grader, leads the scoring with 7 points. Shania Graham has 6 as does Vaughn.
Graham's 6 points came from two 3-pointers.
The game resumes in 4 minutes.
More like this story
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge