Saturday, March 1, 2014
WENATCHEE The Pirates' Jessie Norton may have put on a "scoring show" with 43 individual points, but it wasn't enough to stop top-ranked Okanogan.
The Okanogan Bulldogs cruised to an easy 70-60 victory in the regional 1A boys basketball game at Wenatchee High School.
The Bulldogs will join Caribou Trail League rival Brewster at state next weekend in Yakima.
Okanogan coaches called Norton's individual effort a "scoring show" like no other.
Jim Townsend paced the Bulldogs, racking up 29 points. Justin Rivas added 22 for Okanogan. Mason Guerrette and Justin VanderWeide each put up 6 points.
Last night, the Brewster Bears earned their boys state tournament berth by knocking off Naches.
The Okanogan girls are also headed to state to play in the 1A girls tournament after downing La Salle. The Brewster girls were eliminated by Mabton.
Coming up next in Wenatchee, the state's No. 1-ranked Cashmere girls take on Eatonville.
- Commissioners to make decision on fair dateThe Okanogan County Fair Advisory Committee will advise Okanogan County commissioners to allow the fair to take place Sept. 24-27 ...
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonightThe Okanogan County Fair Advisory Committee will meet tonight for a showdown over whether to move the Okanogan Complex fire ...
More like this story
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge