Wednesday, June 18, 2014
OKANOGAN Rainy weather Monday morning thwarted city officials’ efforts to spray for mosquitoes, so they’ll give it another try Thursday night and Friday morning.
City officials are asking residents to turn off outside water today and refrain from watering for 24 hours after the spray is applied.
Animal dishes and pets should be kept inside until the spray has dried, officials said.
Meanwhile, Omak officials announced Wednesday they plan to seek a permit from the state Department of Ecology to spray for mosquitos.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge