Wednesday, June 18, 2014
OKANOGAN Rainy weather Monday morning thwarted city officials’ efforts to spray for mosquitoes, so they’ll give it another try Thursday night and Friday morning.
City officials are asking residents to turn off outside water today and refrain from watering for 24 hours after the spray is applied.
Animal dishes and pets should be kept inside until the spray has dried, officials said.
Meanwhile, Omak officials announced Wednesday they plan to seek a permit from the state Department of Ecology to spray for mosquitos.
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Proctor hangs on for win in California
- Softball: Lakeside ends Omak’s season
- Softball: Brewster captures District 5/6 fastpitch title
- Track: Liberty Bell girls sweep to 2B district crown
- Track: Okanogan girls win District 6 track team crown
- Track: Republic sends a bunch of tracksters to 1B state
- Tennis: Okanogan sends district doubles champs to state
- Historical museums open this weekend
- Baseball: Brewster falls just short of state Final Four
- Baseball: Colfax takes out Liberty Bell, 12-2