Wednesday, June 18, 2014
OKANOGAN Rainy weather Monday morning thwarted city officials’ efforts to spray for mosquitoes, so they’ll give it another try Thursday night and Friday morning.
City officials are asking residents to turn off outside water today and refrain from watering for 24 hours after the spray is applied.
Animal dishes and pets should be kept inside until the spray has dried, officials said.
Meanwhile, Omak officials announced Wednesday they plan to seek a permit from the state Department of Ecology to spray for mosquitos.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge