Monday, June 16, 2014
WENATCHEE The North County Pub's 50s softball team took third place in the second competitive division of the Golden Ages Tournament this past weekend.
The team started out Saturday with a come-from-behind win over league rival, Vita Green, 15-14.
Leading Pub hitters: Jay Short, 3-4 and a double; Doug Buchanan, 2-3 and a double; Ron Wilson, 2-3 and a double; and Gary Lewis, Chris Harlow and Ron Allard, all 2-3.
In their second game Saturday, the 50s lost to Michael's Toyota of Bellevue, 19-7.
Leading Pub hitters: Gary Lewis, 2-2 and a double; Jeff Emmett, Randy Mattoon and Harlow, all 2-2; George Webster, 2-3; and Buchanan, 2-3 and a double.
In Saturday's nightcap game, the Pub fell to Lube Tube of Spokane, 17-14.
Leading Pub hitters: Short, 3-4; Buchanan and Ron Allard, 3-3; Mike Hause, 3-4; and Lewis, 2-3.
The tournament continued Sunday, but overnight Pub bats went cold, and Vita Green avenged its loss to the Pub, 23-11.
Leading Pub hitters: Steve Monahan and Rick Halterman, both 2-3.
The loss set up the final game of the weekend with the Pub facing the Wenatchee A's.
The A's lost players and eventually forfeited the game. The score at the time of the forfeit was 7-8.
Buchanan won the Most Valuable Player shirt for the Pub.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2017-150 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-151 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-154 June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-159 June 21, 28) NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DATE CHANGE
- 820 (2017-160 June 21, 28) PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the OCFD No 7 Commissioners
- 820 (2017-164 June 28) Public Auction Notice