Monday, June 16, 2014
WENATCHEE The North County Pub's 50s softball team took third place in the second competitive division of the Golden Ages Tournament this past weekend.
The team started out Saturday with a come-from-behind win over league rival, Vita Green, 15-14.
Leading Pub hitters: Jay Short, 3-4 and a double; Doug Buchanan, 2-3 and a double; Ron Wilson, 2-3 and a double; and Gary Lewis, Chris Harlow and Ron Allard, all 2-3.
In their second game Saturday, the 50s lost to Michael's Toyota of Bellevue, 19-7.
Leading Pub hitters: Gary Lewis, 2-2 and a double; Jeff Emmett, Randy Mattoon and Harlow, all 2-2; George Webster, 2-3; and Buchanan, 2-3 and a double.
In Saturday's nightcap game, the Pub fell to Lube Tube of Spokane, 17-14.
Leading Pub hitters: Short, 3-4; Buchanan and Ron Allard, 3-3; Mike Hause, 3-4; and Lewis, 2-3.
The tournament continued Sunday, but overnight Pub bats went cold, and Vita Green avenged its loss to the Pub, 23-11.
Leading Pub hitters: Steve Monahan and Rick Halterman, both 2-3.
The loss set up the final game of the weekend with the Pub facing the Wenatchee A's.
The A's lost players and eventually forfeited the game. The score at the time of the forfeit was 7-8.
Buchanan won the Most Valuable Player shirt for the Pub.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan