Friday, June 6, 2014
REPUBLIC A local man has been charged with vehicular assault after two of his passengers were injured in a crash Thursday morning about 25 miles east of town.
Mark A. Tilley, 50, of Republic, was eastbound when his 1998 Subaru Legacy four-door went onto the eastbound shoulder and landed in a creek at about 11:47 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Friday.
Tilley was transported to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville for superficial injuries, the report said, noting Tilley was not wearing a seatbelt.
His passengers were also taken to regional hospitals.
Passenger, Francis J. Tilley, 73, of Republic, was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, where she was being treated for several fractured bones, including a broken leg, Washington State Patrol Trooper Jason Davis said.
The report did not indicate if she was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Passenger Christy A. Stevens, 27, of Colville, also suffered minor injuries, and was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital, the report said. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
Authorities believe drugs may have been a contributing factor in the crash, the report said.
“We did write a search warrant for blood,” Davis said of obtaining a sample from Mark Tilley. “He was arrested for vehicular assault."
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge