Friday, June 6, 2014
REPUBLIC A local man has been charged with vehicular assault after two of his passengers were injured in a crash Thursday morning about 25 miles east of town.
Mark A. Tilley, 50, of Republic, was eastbound when his 1998 Subaru Legacy four-door went onto the eastbound shoulder and landed in a creek at about 11:47 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Friday.
Tilley was transported to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville for superficial injuries, the report said, noting Tilley was not wearing a seatbelt.
His passengers were also taken to regional hospitals.
Passenger, Francis J. Tilley, 73, of Republic, was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, where she was being treated for several fractured bones, including a broken leg, Washington State Patrol Trooper Jason Davis said.
The report did not indicate if she was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Passenger Christy A. Stevens, 27, of Colville, also suffered minor injuries, and was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital, the report said. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
Authorities believe drugs may have been a contributing factor in the crash, the report said.
“We did write a search warrant for blood,” Davis said of obtaining a sample from Mark Tilley. “He was arrested for vehicular assault."
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge