Friday, June 6, 2014
KENNEWICK Steer wrestler Chance Stucker and bullrider Wyatt Covington are headed to the National High School Rodeo Finals next month.
Both placed in the Top 4 of the final standings following competition at the state High School Rodeo Finals on Memorial Day weekend. The Okanogan Valley Rodeo Club members will compete at nationals from July 13-19 in Rock Springs, Wyo.
Several club members finished 5th through 15th and qualified for the Silver State International Rodeo from July 1-5 in Winnemucca, Nev.
- Cayden Diefenbach – Barrels: 5th on Saturday, 10th on Monday and 9th overall for the year. Breakaway: 11th on Saturday. Poles: 5th on Sunday, 8th on Monday, 9th in average and 8th overall for the year.
- Kaelyn Marchand – Goats: 9th on Saturday, 4th on Sunday, 8th on Monday, 6th in the average and 9th overall for the year. Breakaway: 8th on Sunday. Team roping: 10th on Sunday, 6th in the average, 11th overall for the year. Barrels: 9th on Monday, 8th overall for the year.
- Chance Stucker – Team roping: 8th on Saturday, 10th on Sunday, 6th in average and 11th overall for the year. Steer wrestling: 1st on Sunday, 1st on Monday, 1st in average, 2nd overall for the year. Tie down: 8th on Saturday, 2nd on Monday, 10th in average, 7th overall for the year.
- Philip Williams – Team roping: no catches for weekend, tied for 7/8th overall for year.
- Oliver Williams – Team roping: no catches for weekend, tied for 7/8th overall for year. Tie down: 6th on Saturday, 6th in average and tied for 15/16 overall for the year.
- Gabe Moses – Bareback: no rides on the weekend, 5th overall for the year.
- Wyatt Covington – Bullriding: no rides on the weekend, 2nd overall for the year.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge