Friday, June 6, 2014
KENNEWICK Steer wrestler Chance Stucker and bullrider Wyatt Covington are headed to the National High School Rodeo Finals next month.
Both placed in the Top 4 of the final standings following competition at the state High School Rodeo Finals on Memorial Day weekend. The Okanogan Valley Rodeo Club members will compete at nationals from July 13-19 in Rock Springs, Wyo.
Several club members finished 5th through 15th and qualified for the Silver State International Rodeo from July 1-5 in Winnemucca, Nev.
- Cayden Diefenbach – Barrels: 5th on Saturday, 10th on Monday and 9th overall for the year. Breakaway: 11th on Saturday. Poles: 5th on Sunday, 8th on Monday, 9th in average and 8th overall for the year.
- Kaelyn Marchand – Goats: 9th on Saturday, 4th on Sunday, 8th on Monday, 6th in the average and 9th overall for the year. Breakaway: 8th on Sunday. Team roping: 10th on Sunday, 6th in the average, 11th overall for the year. Barrels: 9th on Monday, 8th overall for the year.
- Chance Stucker – Team roping: 8th on Saturday, 10th on Sunday, 6th in average and 11th overall for the year. Steer wrestling: 1st on Sunday, 1st on Monday, 1st in average, 2nd overall for the year. Tie down: 8th on Saturday, 2nd on Monday, 10th in average, 7th overall for the year.
- Philip Williams – Team roping: no catches for weekend, tied for 7/8th overall for year.
- Oliver Williams – Team roping: no catches for weekend, tied for 7/8th overall for year. Tie down: 6th on Saturday, 6th in average and tied for 15/16 overall for the year.
- Gabe Moses – Bareback: no rides on the weekend, 5th overall for the year.
- Wyatt Covington – Bullriding: no rides on the weekend, 2nd overall for the year.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge