Friday, June 6, 2014
KENNEWICK Steer wrestler Chance Stucker and bullrider Wyatt Covington are headed to the National High School Rodeo Finals next month.
Both placed in the Top 4 of the final standings following competition at the state High School Rodeo Finals on Memorial Day weekend. The Okanogan Valley Rodeo Club members will compete at nationals from July 13-19 in Rock Springs, Wyo.
Several club members finished 5th through 15th and qualified for the Silver State International Rodeo from July 1-5 in Winnemucca, Nev.
- Cayden Diefenbach – Barrels: 5th on Saturday, 10th on Monday and 9th overall for the year. Breakaway: 11th on Saturday. Poles: 5th on Sunday, 8th on Monday, 9th in average and 8th overall for the year.
- Kaelyn Marchand – Goats: 9th on Saturday, 4th on Sunday, 8th on Monday, 6th in the average and 9th overall for the year. Breakaway: 8th on Sunday. Team roping: 10th on Sunday, 6th in the average, 11th overall for the year. Barrels: 9th on Monday, 8th overall for the year.
- Chance Stucker – Team roping: 8th on Saturday, 10th on Sunday, 6th in average and 11th overall for the year. Steer wrestling: 1st on Sunday, 1st on Monday, 1st in average, 2nd overall for the year. Tie down: 8th on Saturday, 2nd on Monday, 10th in average, 7th overall for the year.
- Philip Williams – Team roping: no catches for weekend, tied for 7/8th overall for year.
- Oliver Williams – Team roping: no catches for weekend, tied for 7/8th overall for year. Tie down: 6th on Saturday, 6th in average and tied for 15/16 overall for the year.
- Gabe Moses – Bareback: no rides on the weekend, 5th overall for the year.
- Wyatt Covington – Bullriding: no rides on the weekend, 2nd overall for the year.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options