Tuesday, June 3, 2014
TWISP A Sedro Woolley man was injured today after crashing his motorcycle 10 miles east of town along state Highway 20.
Darrell L. Katarzy, 67, was transported by ambulance to Mid Valley Hospital in Omak following the 8:43 a.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
According to a State Patrol report, the crash occurred near Milepost 212 as Katarzy was eastbound.
While attempting to negotiate a left-hand curve, Katarzy's motorcycle went onto the eastbound shoulder, the report said. When he attempted to re-enter the highway, he struck a guardrail and was thrown from his 2005 kit 1550cc motorcycle.
The cause of the crash was "driving with wheels off roadway," the report said, noting the motorcycle was impounded at Winthrop Motors.
Katarzy was wearing a helmet, the report said. Neither alcohol nor drugs were factors in the crash.
A citation is pending, the report said.
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18