Tuesday, June 3, 2014
TWISP A Sedro Woolley man was injured today after crashing his motorcycle 10 miles east of town along state Highway 20.
Darrell L. Katarzy, 67, was transported by ambulance to Mid Valley Hospital in Omak following the 8:43 a.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
According to a State Patrol report, the crash occurred near Milepost 212 as Katarzy was eastbound.
While attempting to negotiate a left-hand curve, Katarzy's motorcycle went onto the eastbound shoulder, the report said. When he attempted to re-enter the highway, he struck a guardrail and was thrown from his 2005 kit 1550cc motorcycle.
The cause of the crash was "driving with wheels off roadway," the report said, noting the motorcycle was impounded at Winthrop Motors.
Katarzy was wearing a helmet, the report said. Neither alcohol nor drugs were factors in the crash.
A citation is pending, the report said.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge