Tuesday, June 3, 2014
TWISP A Sedro Woolley man was injured today after crashing his motorcycle 10 miles east of town along state Highway 20.
Darrell L. Katarzy, 67, was transported by ambulance to Mid Valley Hospital in Omak following the 8:43 a.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
According to a State Patrol report, the crash occurred near Milepost 212 as Katarzy was eastbound.
While attempting to negotiate a left-hand curve, Katarzy's motorcycle went onto the eastbound shoulder, the report said. When he attempted to re-enter the highway, he struck a guardrail and was thrown from his 2005 kit 1550cc motorcycle.
The cause of the crash was "driving with wheels off roadway," the report said, noting the motorcycle was impounded at Winthrop Motors.
Katarzy was wearing a helmet, the report said. Neither alcohol nor drugs were factors in the crash.
A citation is pending, the report said.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge