Tuesday, June 3, 2014
TWISP A Sedro Woolley man was injured today after crashing his motorcycle 10 miles east of town along state Highway 20.
Darrell L. Katarzy, 67, was transported by ambulance to Mid Valley Hospital in Omak following the 8:43 a.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
According to a State Patrol report, the crash occurred near Milepost 212 as Katarzy was eastbound.
While attempting to negotiate a left-hand curve, Katarzy's motorcycle went onto the eastbound shoulder, the report said. When he attempted to re-enter the highway, he struck a guardrail and was thrown from his 2005 kit 1550cc motorcycle.
The cause of the crash was "driving with wheels off roadway," the report said, noting the motorcycle was impounded at Winthrop Motors.
Katarzy was wearing a helmet, the report said. Neither alcohol nor drugs were factors in the crash.
A citation is pending, the report said.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY