Tuesday, June 3, 2014
OKANOGAN Tonasket resident Mark A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty yesterday in Okanogan County District Court to a misdemeanor charge of aiming or discharging a firearm.
His arraignment came about five hours after sitting by his wife’s side in Okanogan County Superior Court while she faced charges of her own. Elizabeth A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree sexual misconduct with a minor.
Elizabeth Kinkade, 37, the former Tonasket High School librarian, is accused of having sex with an 18-year-old male student.
The student was 18 at the time of the alleged affair, Tonasket police said previously.
A status hearing for Mark Kinkade has been set for 9 a.m. July 1.
The Kinkades were both arrested May 20. Sheriff Frank Rogers said that when Elizabeth Kinkade went home that day and told her husband what happened, Mark Kinkade allegedly went to his vehicle, pulled out a gun and shot it into the air.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene for shots fired. Mark Kinkade was arrested by the deputies, while Elizabeth Kinkade was arrested by the Tonasket Police Department.
The Tonasket School Board fired Elizabeth Kinkade on May 21.
More information about Elizabeth Kinkade's arraignment is published in tomorrow’s print and e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options