Tuesday, June 3, 2014
OKANOGAN Tonasket resident Mark A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty yesterday in Okanogan County District Court to a misdemeanor charge of aiming or discharging a firearm.
His arraignment came about five hours after sitting by his wife’s side in Okanogan County Superior Court while she faced charges of her own. Elizabeth A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree sexual misconduct with a minor.
Elizabeth Kinkade, 37, the former Tonasket High School librarian, is accused of having sex with an 18-year-old male student.
The student was 18 at the time of the alleged affair, Tonasket police said previously.
A status hearing for Mark Kinkade has been set for 9 a.m. July 1.
The Kinkades were both arrested May 20. Sheriff Frank Rogers said that when Elizabeth Kinkade went home that day and told her husband what happened, Mark Kinkade allegedly went to his vehicle, pulled out a gun and shot it into the air.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene for shots fired. Mark Kinkade was arrested by the deputies, while Elizabeth Kinkade was arrested by the Tonasket Police Department.
The Tonasket School Board fired Elizabeth Kinkade on May 21.
More information about Elizabeth Kinkade's arraignment is published in tomorrow’s print and e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON