Tuesday, June 3, 2014
OKANOGAN Tonasket resident Mark A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty yesterday in Okanogan County District Court to a misdemeanor charge of aiming or discharging a firearm.
His arraignment came about five hours after sitting by his wife’s side in Okanogan County Superior Court while she faced charges of her own. Elizabeth A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree sexual misconduct with a minor.
Elizabeth Kinkade, 37, the former Tonasket High School librarian, is accused of having sex with an 18-year-old male student.
The student was 18 at the time of the alleged affair, Tonasket police said previously.
A status hearing for Mark Kinkade has been set for 9 a.m. July 1.
The Kinkades were both arrested May 20. Sheriff Frank Rogers said that when Elizabeth Kinkade went home that day and told her husband what happened, Mark Kinkade allegedly went to his vehicle, pulled out a gun and shot it into the air.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene for shots fired. Mark Kinkade was arrested by the deputies, while Elizabeth Kinkade was arrested by the Tonasket Police Department.
The Tonasket School Board fired Elizabeth Kinkade on May 21.
More information about Elizabeth Kinkade's arraignment is published in tomorrow’s print and e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.