Tuesday, June 3, 2014
OKANOGAN Tonasket resident Mark A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty yesterday in Okanogan County District Court to a misdemeanor charge of aiming or discharging a firearm.
His arraignment came about five hours after sitting by his wife’s side in Okanogan County Superior Court while she faced charges of her own. Elizabeth A. Kinkade pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree sexual misconduct with a minor.
Elizabeth Kinkade, 37, the former Tonasket High School librarian, is accused of having sex with an 18-year-old male student.
The student was 18 at the time of the alleged affair, Tonasket police said previously.
A status hearing for Mark Kinkade has been set for 9 a.m. July 1.
The Kinkades were both arrested May 20. Sheriff Frank Rogers said that when Elizabeth Kinkade went home that day and told her husband what happened, Mark Kinkade allegedly went to his vehicle, pulled out a gun and shot it into the air.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene for shots fired. Mark Kinkade was arrested by the deputies, while Elizabeth Kinkade was arrested by the Tonasket Police Department.
The Tonasket School Board fired Elizabeth Kinkade on May 21.
More information about Elizabeth Kinkade's arraignment is published in tomorrow’s print and e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge