Wednesday, July 9, 2014
BRIDGEPORT A small blaze is growing quickly into a wildfire near Highland Orchard Road.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the fire was reported at 8:26 a.m.
"Deputies arrived first on the scene and assessed the fire as burning quickly through old-growth sage brush," he said. "Fire crews arrived on the scene and soon asked for a second alarm."
As of 11 a.m., the fire had grown to about 200 acres, the sheriff said, noting the blaze is moving toward the east.
"It is fanned by winds and has already jumped one fire line," he said. "Deputies have done several evacuation notices and state mobilization has been requested.
Douglas County firefighters are also currently battling a blaze in the McNeil Canyon area near Mansfield.
And several other fires are reported in areas around North-Central Washington, including Entiat, Wenatchee, Cashmere and Keller.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge