Wednesday, July 9, 2014
BRIDGEPORT A small blaze is growing quickly into a wildfire near Highland Orchard Road.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the fire was reported at 8:26 a.m.
"Deputies arrived first on the scene and assessed the fire as burning quickly through old-growth sage brush," he said. "Fire crews arrived on the scene and soon asked for a second alarm."
As of 11 a.m., the fire had grown to about 200 acres, the sheriff said, noting the blaze is moving toward the east.
"It is fanned by winds and has already jumped one fire line," he said. "Deputies have done several evacuation notices and state mobilization has been requested.
Douglas County firefighters are also currently battling a blaze in the McNeil Canyon area near Mansfield.
And several other fires are reported in areas around North-Central Washington, including Entiat, Wenatchee, Cashmere and Keller.
More like this story
- State changes Chinook rule
- Diamond fire grows to 350 acres
- Grand opening planned for Tonasket swimming pool
- Commissioners modify pot moratorium
- Tonasket man hurt in crash
- Crews continue mopping up Bissell fire
- Highway 21 reopens
- 820 (2017-166 June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2017-170 June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2017-182 July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR