Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Trinidad The ghost town on a bluff midway between East Wenatchee and Quincy was spared from fire early Wednesday morning as crews contained an 800-acre blaze.
Trinidad is a ghost town located off Baird Springs Road, along state Highway 28, near the Grant-Douglas county line.
Quincy (Grant County Fire District NO. 3) firefighters responded to the fire about 2:30 a.m., officials said. Fire crews from Douglas and Chelan counties also responded.
According to Grant County Fire Chief Don Fortier, flames neared the highway, causing it to be closed briefly at about 6 .m.
Fortier said about 30 firefighters were still on-scene this morning, noting the fire had been pretty much extinguished by about 9:30 a.m.
The fire remains under investigation; a cause has not been determined.
More like this story
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo
- Okanogan council OKs annexation
- Chelan Falls man sentenced for tax fraud
- Defendant loses burglary conviction appeal
- Grant aimed at helping north central Washington economy
- Program focuses on air quality
- Cider squeeze planned Oct. 1
- Donations accepted for CCC rummage sale
- 'The Last Salmon' returns to Twisp stage