Wednesday, July 9, 2014
ENTIAT Additional evacuation alerts have been issued for residents of Entiat River Road and added in other areas as the Mills Canyon Fire grew to around 5,000 acres last night.
The fire is burning approximately four miles west of town.
Firefighters from the state Department of Natural Resources, Chelan County fire districts and U.S. Forest Service are working on the fire.
A Level 3 evacuation – the highest of three levels - is in effect for Mills Canyon and Dinkleman Canyon and a Level 2 evacuation alert has been added by the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office from Milepost 1.5 on the Entiat River Road to Dinkleman Canyon.
Level 1 notices have been issued for Swakane Canyon, Sherman Canyon and U.S. Hwy 97A from Swakane to Entiat River Road.
A Red Cross shelter has been set up at Entiat High School, 2650 Entiat Way.
Approximately 250 firefighters and 15 fire engines are battling the blaze lon private, state and Forest Service lands. Retardant-dropping air tankers and helicopters are dropping water.
The fire started Tuesday around 12:20 p.m. and is burning in grass, brush and timber in steep drainages. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget