Wednesday, July 2, 2014
MANSFIELD Five people were injured, including four children, when an SUV went off state Highway 172 and overturned three miles east of town Tuesday.
Driver Jessica L. Youngblood, 35, was injured and taken by ambulance to the Chelan hospital, the Washington State Patrol said.
She was westbound at 5:15 p.m. when her vehicle went off the road’s right side, the patrol reported. She over-corrected and the vehicle overturned, coming to rest off the road on the passenger side.
Four children, boys ages 13, 11 and 11 and a girl age 13, were injured, the patrol said. All were wearing seatbelts and were taken to Lake Chelan Community Hospital in Chelan.
The 13-year-old boy was airlifted to Confluence Health in Wenatchee
Two additional children, a boy age 9 and a girl age 2, were not injured, the patrol reported. They were wearing seatbelts.
The Washington State Patrol did not release any of the children’s names.
The crash’s cause is under investigation and charges are pending, the patrol said, adding drugs or alcohol were involved.
The vehicle was destroyed.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge