Wednesday, July 2, 2014
MANSFIELD Five people were injured, including four children, when an SUV went off state Highway 172 and overturned three miles east of town Tuesday.
Driver Jessica L. Youngblood, 35, was injured and taken by ambulance to the Chelan hospital, the Washington State Patrol said.
She was westbound at 5:15 p.m. when her vehicle went off the road’s right side, the patrol reported. She over-corrected and the vehicle overturned, coming to rest off the road on the passenger side.
Four children, boys ages 13, 11 and 11 and a girl age 13, were injured, the patrol said. All were wearing seatbelts and were taken to Lake Chelan Community Hospital in Chelan.
The 13-year-old boy was airlifted to Confluence Health in Wenatchee
Two additional children, a boy age 9 and a girl age 2, were not injured, the patrol reported. They were wearing seatbelts.
The Washington State Patrol did not release any of the children’s names.
The crash’s cause is under investigation and charges are pending, the patrol said, adding drugs or alcohol were involved.
The vehicle was destroyed.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge