Wednesday, July 2, 2014
MANSFIELD Five people were injured, including four children, when an SUV went off state Highway 172 and overturned three miles east of town Tuesday.
Driver Jessica L. Youngblood, 35, was injured and taken by ambulance to the Chelan hospital, the Washington State Patrol said.
She was westbound at 5:15 p.m. when her vehicle went off the road’s right side, the patrol reported. She over-corrected and the vehicle overturned, coming to rest off the road on the passenger side.
Four children, boys ages 13, 11 and 11 and a girl age 13, were injured, the patrol said. All were wearing seatbelts and were taken to Lake Chelan Community Hospital in Chelan.
The 13-year-old boy was airlifted to Confluence Health in Wenatchee
Two additional children, a boy age 9 and a girl age 2, were not injured, the patrol reported. They were wearing seatbelts.
The Washington State Patrol did not release any of the children’s names.
The crash’s cause is under investigation and charges are pending, the patrol said, adding drugs or alcohol were involved.
The vehicle was destroyed.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge