Friday, January 31, 2014
BRIDGEPORT Following a two-month undercover investigation, three locals were arrested during an early morning drug raid today for allegedly selling methamphetamine .
Lourdes “Lulu” Gonzalez-Martinez, 44; Walter Gonzalez-Gomez, 21; and Martin Guadalupe-Pedroza, 18, were booked without incident into Okanogan County Jail this morning in Okanogan, Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said. They’re facing charges of delivery of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
A fourth man believed to be 31-year-old Juan Carlos Gonzalez was arrested and is being detained for entering the U.S. illegally, Gjesdal said, noting deputies are still trying to verify his identity.
“There could be more (arrests) later.,” Gjesdal said. “The house is still being searched.”
“We found out that everyone except Walter Gomez was in the country illegally,” Gjesdal said. “They will have to face federal authorities.”
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team made the arrests at 4:30 a.m. today after executing a search warrant at the Bridgeport house, 1228 Fairview Ave.
During the investigation, undercover deputies went to the residence – what locals refer to as “the blue house” – to make “multiple buys of methamphetamine” from Martinez, Gomez and Pedroza, the sheriff said.
During a search of the home, several firearms were recovered, the sheriff said.
“Investigators are trying to determine if the firearms might be stolen property from recent burglaries in the area,” Gjesdal said.
Three children at the scene, ages 7, 10 and 13, were taken into protective custody, he said.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.