Friday, January 31, 2014
BRIDGEPORT Following a two-month undercover investigation, three locals were arrested during an early morning drug raid today for allegedly selling methamphetamine .
Lourdes “Lulu” Gonzalez-Martinez, 44; Walter Gonzalez-Gomez, 21; and Martin Guadalupe-Pedroza, 18, were booked without incident into Okanogan County Jail this morning in Okanogan, Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said. They’re facing charges of delivery of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
A fourth man believed to be 31-year-old Juan Carlos Gonzalez was arrested and is being detained for entering the U.S. illegally, Gjesdal said, noting deputies are still trying to verify his identity.
“There could be more (arrests) later.,” Gjesdal said. “The house is still being searched.”
“We found out that everyone except Walter Gomez was in the country illegally,” Gjesdal said. “They will have to face federal authorities.”
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team made the arrests at 4:30 a.m. today after executing a search warrant at the Bridgeport house, 1228 Fairview Ave.
During the investigation, undercover deputies went to the residence – what locals refer to as “the blue house” – to make “multiple buys of methamphetamine” from Martinez, Gomez and Pedroza, the sheriff said.
During a search of the home, several firearms were recovered, the sheriff said.
“Investigators are trying to determine if the firearms might be stolen property from recent burglaries in the area,” Gjesdal said.
Three children at the scene, ages 7, 10 and 13, were taken into protective custody, he said.
More like this story
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE
- 820 (2016-387 Oct. 12, 19) Public Notice
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-391 Oct. 19, Nov. 9) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge