Friday, January 31, 2014
BRIDGEPORT Following a two-month undercover investigation, three locals were arrested during an early morning drug raid today for allegedly selling methamphetamine .
Lourdes “Lulu” Gonzalez-Martinez, 44; Walter Gonzalez-Gomez, 21; and Martin Guadalupe-Pedroza, 18, were booked without incident into Okanogan County Jail this morning in Okanogan, Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said. They’re facing charges of delivery of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
A fourth man believed to be 31-year-old Juan Carlos Gonzalez was arrested and is being detained for entering the U.S. illegally, Gjesdal said, noting deputies are still trying to verify his identity.
“There could be more (arrests) later.,” Gjesdal said. “The house is still being searched.”
“We found out that everyone except Walter Gomez was in the country illegally,” Gjesdal said. “They will have to face federal authorities.”
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team made the arrests at 4:30 a.m. today after executing a search warrant at the Bridgeport house, 1228 Fairview Ave.
During the investigation, undercover deputies went to the residence – what locals refer to as “the blue house” – to make “multiple buys of methamphetamine” from Martinez, Gomez and Pedroza, the sheriff said.
During a search of the home, several firearms were recovered, the sheriff said.
“Investigators are trying to determine if the firearms might be stolen property from recent burglaries in the area,” Gjesdal said.
Three children at the scene, ages 7, 10 and 13, were taken into protective custody, he said.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge