Thursday, January 30, 2014
OMAK Two local men were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of using a BB gun to shoot out vehicle windows all over town the previous night.
Patrick Dale Bilby, 21, and Jacob Ryan Atkinson, 19, both were arrested by the Omak Police Department on suspicion of five counts each of second-degree malicious mischief and 12 counts third-degree malicious mischief. Additional counts likely will be added, Sgt. Jeff Koplin said.
Both remained in jail as of Thursday. Neither had been charged.
Koplin said an officer contacted the two late Monday afternoon after Okanogan County dispatch received a report of two men carrying pistols. They allegedly had carbon dioxide-charged BB guns.
They weren’t doing anything wrong, so were released, Koplin said.
A few hours later, reports of broken vehicle windows started coming in.
The next morning, police started looking for Bilby and Atkinson, who were found near the Omak Public Library, 30 S. Ash St.
Koplin said it appeared the shooters started in east Omak and came across the Central Avenue bridge, went up and down the dike, and then through the center of town toward the high school. Parked vehicles were targeted, although a couple building windows also were damaged.
Damage was reported on the north and south ends of the Main Street; South Ash, South Cedar, South Douglas and South Granite streets; Okoma Drive; North Juniper and North Ash streets, and West First, West Second and West Fifth avenues.
No damage was reported on the high school campus.
No one was injured.
More like this story
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge