Thursday, January 30, 2014
OMAK Two local men were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of using a BB gun to shoot out vehicle windows all over town the previous night.
Patrick Dale Bilby, 21, and Jacob Ryan Atkinson, 19, both were arrested by the Omak Police Department on suspicion of five counts each of second-degree malicious mischief and 12 counts third-degree malicious mischief. Additional counts likely will be added, Sgt. Jeff Koplin said.
Both remained in jail as of Thursday. Neither had been charged.
Koplin said an officer contacted the two late Monday afternoon after Okanogan County dispatch received a report of two men carrying pistols. They allegedly had carbon dioxide-charged BB guns.
They weren’t doing anything wrong, so were released, Koplin said.
A few hours later, reports of broken vehicle windows started coming in.
The next morning, police started looking for Bilby and Atkinson, who were found near the Omak Public Library, 30 S. Ash St.
Koplin said it appeared the shooters started in east Omak and came across the Central Avenue bridge, went up and down the dike, and then through the center of town toward the high school. Parked vehicles were targeted, although a couple building windows also were damaged.
Damage was reported on the north and south ends of the Main Street; South Ash, South Cedar, South Douglas and South Granite streets; Okoma Drive; North Juniper and North Ash streets, and West First, West Second and West Fifth avenues.
No damage was reported on the high school campus.
No one was injured.
More like this story
- East Wenatchee site added for discussion on managing salmon, steelhead guides
- Heavy snow closes North Cascades Highway
- Four seek vacant PUD commission post
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Sports collecting can be fun
- Okanogan soccer blanks Omak, 6-0, on senior night
- Omak edges Okanogan, 3-2, in volleyball
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot