Thursday, January 30, 2014
OMAK Two local men were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of using a BB gun to shoot out vehicle windows all over town the previous night.
Patrick Dale Bilby, 21, and Jacob Ryan Atkinson, 19, both were arrested by the Omak Police Department on suspicion of five counts each of second-degree malicious mischief and 12 counts third-degree malicious mischief. Additional counts likely will be added, Sgt. Jeff Koplin said.
Both remained in jail as of Thursday. Neither had been charged.
Koplin said an officer contacted the two late Monday afternoon after Okanogan County dispatch received a report of two men carrying pistols. They allegedly had carbon dioxide-charged BB guns.
They weren’t doing anything wrong, so were released, Koplin said.
A few hours later, reports of broken vehicle windows started coming in.
The next morning, police started looking for Bilby and Atkinson, who were found near the Omak Public Library, 30 S. Ash St.
Koplin said it appeared the shooters started in east Omak and came across the Central Avenue bridge, went up and down the dike, and then through the center of town toward the high school. Parked vehicles were targeted, although a couple building windows also were damaged.
Damage was reported on the north and south ends of the Main Street; South Ash, South Cedar, South Douglas and South Granite streets; Okoma Drive; North Juniper and North Ash streets, and West First, West Second and West Fifth avenues.
No damage was reported on the high school campus.
No one was injured.
More like this story
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- New team takes over Carpenter Road Fire
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
- 820 (2015-430 Aug. 19, 26, Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-440 Aug. 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge