Wednesday, January 29, 2014
OMAK The first measurable snow since just before Christmas blanketed the Okanogan Valley on Wednesday morning.
In the mid-valley area, the snow began just before 4 a.m. at the Omak Municipal Airport, according to the National Weather Service. By 6:53 a.m., 0.13 inch of precipitation had fallen – that translated to about 2 inches.
Plows were out on some streets and parking lots. Road crews sanded hills, intersections and city streets as the temperature hovered around 30 degrees.
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the upper Methow Valley, Loup Loup Pass and Conconully, with snow accumulations of 2-4 inches expected in higher elevations.
The Winthrop area got 0.01 inch of precipitation Tuesday afternoon, the Weather Service said.
As of mid-morning Wednesday, Loup Loup Pass (state Highway 20) and Disautel Pass (state Highway 155) both had compact snow and ice on the road and snow was falling, the state Department of Transportation said. Wauconda Pass (state Highway 20) had snow on the road earlier Wednesday, with more falling.
Sherman Pass (state Highway 20 in Ferry County) had compact snow and ice on the road with traction tires advised. Oversized vehicles were prohibited.
The forecast for Omak-Okanogan calls for snow or rain and snow through Thursday under a hazardous weather outlook. Up to an inch of additional snow is anticipated during the day Wednesday.
The Winthrop area is expected to get 1-3 inches Wednesday, with additional snow predicted on Thursday.
In Ferry County, 1-3 inches of snow are predicted during the day Wednesday, with more coming on Thursday.
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstatedTonasket High School basketball coach Kevin Landdeck has been reinstated through the end of the season.
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan CountyOKANOGAN - Health officials have confirmed one adult case of the Mumps in Okanogan County, according to a release from ...
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE