Wednesday, January 29, 2014
ROCK ISLAND Charges are pending for a Wenatchee man whose passenger was injured in a crash this morning on state Highway 28 10 miles east of town nar Rock Island Dam.
John W. Heide, 29, was not injured in the one-vehicle crash at 8:32 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Wednesday.
His passenger, 34-year-old Suzanne D. Austin of Wenatchee, was injured and transported by ambulance to Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee.
Both driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the patrol reported.
Heide's 2003 Chevrolet Blazer was removed from the scene by Thompson Towing, the patrol said.
According to a crash report, Heide was eastbound on the highway, slid out and into the ditch, where it overturned and came to rest on its wheels.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge