Wednesday, January 29, 2014
ROCK ISLAND Charges are pending for a Wenatchee man whose passenger was injured in a crash this morning on state Highway 28 10 miles east of town nar Rock Island Dam.
John W. Heide, 29, was not injured in the one-vehicle crash at 8:32 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Wednesday.
His passenger, 34-year-old Suzanne D. Austin of Wenatchee, was injured and transported by ambulance to Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee.
Both driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the patrol reported.
Heide's 2003 Chevrolet Blazer was removed from the scene by Thompson Towing, the patrol said.
According to a crash report, Heide was eastbound on the highway, slid out and into the ditch, where it overturned and came to rest on its wheels.
More like this story
- Tucannon Fire reaches 2,700 acres
- Carpenter Road fire still growing
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge