Wednesday, January 29, 2014
ROCK ISLAND Charges are pending for a Wenatchee man whose passenger was injured in a crash this morning on state Highway 28 10 miles east of town nar Rock Island Dam.
John W. Heide, 29, was not injured in the one-vehicle crash at 8:32 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Wednesday.
His passenger, 34-year-old Suzanne D. Austin of Wenatchee, was injured and transported by ambulance to Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee.
Both driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the patrol reported.
Heide's 2003 Chevrolet Blazer was removed from the scene by Thompson Towing, the patrol said.
According to a crash report, Heide was eastbound on the highway, slid out and into the ditch, where it overturned and came to rest on its wheels.
More like this story
- Inchelium-Gifford ferry will remain operational
- Gas prices fall across the state
- CENTER STAGE: Eclectic music, cowboy poetry set this weekend
- ACADEMIC HONORS- April 26, 2017
- MARRIAGE LICENSES: April 26, 2017
- Class wins conservation contest
- History research help offered
- Researchers go to Plans B, C
- Ground broken for new sign
- EXPLORING THE OKANOGAN: Sometimes, you’re a part of history