Wednesday, January 29, 2014
ROCK ISLAND Charges are pending for a Wenatchee man whose passenger was injured in a crash this morning on state Highway 28 10 miles east of town nar Rock Island Dam.
John W. Heide, 29, was not injured in the one-vehicle crash at 8:32 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Wednesday.
His passenger, 34-year-old Suzanne D. Austin of Wenatchee, was injured and transported by ambulance to Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee.
Both driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the patrol reported.
Heide's 2003 Chevrolet Blazer was removed from the scene by Thompson Towing, the patrol said.
According to a crash report, Heide was eastbound on the highway, slid out and into the ditch, where it overturned and came to rest on its wheels.
More like this story
- CENTER STAGE: ‘Little Sister’ guitar brings warm tone
- Music at the View returns this weekend
- Conconully Lake camp remains closed
- State wants to keep fisher, whales on list
- Okanogan takes top spot in Envirothon
- Omak FFA chapter wins top honors
- Death is not always easy to cope with
- Briefs - May 24, 2017
- Tennis: Okanogan claims two district championships
- Baseball: Okanogan survives first round of regionals