Wednesday, January 29, 2014
ROCK ISLAND Charges are pending for a Wenatchee man whose passenger was injured in a crash this morning on state Highway 28 10 miles east of town nar Rock Island Dam.
John W. Heide, 29, was not injured in the one-vehicle crash at 8:32 a.m., the Washington State Patrol reported Wednesday.
His passenger, 34-year-old Suzanne D. Austin of Wenatchee, was injured and transported by ambulance to Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee.
Both driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the patrol reported.
Heide's 2003 Chevrolet Blazer was removed from the scene by Thompson Towing, the patrol said.
According to a crash report, Heide was eastbound on the highway, slid out and into the ditch, where it overturned and came to rest on its wheels.
More like this story
- Coulee City motorcyclist killed
- Tribe plans hemp blessing Tuesday morning
- Fire tops 30,000 acres, destroys two structures
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain