Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Free dental care offered to children
OKANOGAN — Free dental care, including mouth guards for sixth- through 12th-graders, will be offered Feb. 6-8 to children from 1-18 years old.
“Smile Day” is a cooperative effort of dental clinics at Family Health Centers and Indian Health Service.
Fluoride, cleaning and other procedures will be offered.
Family Health Centers Dental Clinics will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 7-8 at 101 N. Sixth Ave., Brewster; 626 S. Second Ave., Okanogan, and 1321 Main St., Oroville.
Indian Health Service’s clinics will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 6 at 29 Nespelem/San Poil St., Nespelem, and Feb. 7 at 617 Benton St., Omak.
Harnack named Student of the Month
RIVERSIDE – Part-time Tunk Valley resident Olivia “Livy” Harnack was named Student of the Month last week for the Suttons Bay, Mich., School District.
The 11-year-old Harnack is a sixth-grader at Suttons Bay Elementary School, where she is in an accelerated educational track taking seventh-grade mathematics and reading classes.
She is the daughter of Roger Harnack of Tunk Valley and Gretchen Harnack of Suttons Bay.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge