Originally published January 29, 2014 at 08:52a.m., updated February 5, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
(2014-068 Jan. 29 & Feb. 5)
CITY OF OKANOGAN
The city of Okanogan is requesting applications for the position of Fire Chief. This position is a department head working directly for the Mayor. Responsibilities include the planning, organizing, directing, and administering all operations, administrative and tactical, of the fire department. This is a professional position managing the city’s combination volunteer fire department. It will be a part time position, approximately 20 hours per week with a salary range from $1,873.13 to $2,341.42 per month depending on level of experience and education. Minimum requirements: ten years experience in a municipal/combination volunteer fire department of an equivalent sized operation, three years experience as a staff officer, excellent written and oral communication skills, work effectively and professionally with others, high school diploma or GED, U.S. Citizen, valid WA drivers license, EVAP or Class B CDL license, clean driving record, willing to be on call 24/7, live in Okanogan city limits or immediate proximity.
Applications and job packets can be picked up at Washington State WorkSource Employment Services, 126 South Main Street, Omak, WA 98841, (509) 826-7310. Applications will be accepted at the WorkSource office through February 11th, 2014. The City of Okanogan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week