Tuesday, January 28, 2014
OLYMPIA The Methow Valley is one of 14 family vacation areas within the state being promoted for fishing by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Great Getaways, a new feature on the department’s website, showcases some of the state’s best family travel and fishing opportunities, from the Pacific Coast and the Columbia River to the trout lakes of the Selkirk Mountains.
The Methow Valley page promotes fishing and vacation opportunities up and down the valley.
Destination profiles provide vacation planners tips on where to go, what to catch and where to stay. Each article includes links to state parks, public campgrounds and nearby visitor information services.
“This new feature is designed for both Washington residents and visitors from outside the state,” state Department of Fish and Wildlife spokesman Bruce Botka said. “I’ve lived in Washington for more than 30 years, and I know our readers will discover fishing, camping and vacation opportunities they didn’t know about before.”
Botka said the department recently joined the Washington Tourism Alliance and is increasing its efforts to promote travel and vacation opportunities in communities throughout the state.
“Washington doesn’t just have some of the best fishing in the country, it also has some of the most diverse, family-friendly vacation spots,” said Chris Donley, manager of the department’s inland fish program.
Donley said the new guide would be expanded in coming months with new ideas for fishing-based vacations that offer a wide range of other opportunities for outdoor recreation.
“We aren’t trying to give away anyone’s favorite fishing hole,” Donley said. “There are plenty of fish throughout the state, and plenty of great places to catch them.”
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge