Tuesday, January 28, 2014
NESPELEM The federal Environmental Protection Agency lifted the burn ban on the Colville Indian Reservation today
The ban was ordered on the reservation, as well as the Spokane and Yakama Indian reservations, in December due to stagnant air conditions.
Lifting of the ban means tribal members are allowed agricultural and outdoor burning, and camp and recreational fires.
Ceremonial and traditional fires were not included in the ban.
More like this story
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge