Tuesday, January 28, 2014
NESPELEM The federal Environmental Protection Agency lifted the burn ban on the Colville Indian Reservation today
The ban was ordered on the reservation, as well as the Spokane and Yakama Indian reservations, in December due to stagnant air conditions.
Lifting of the ban means tribal members are allowed agricultural and outdoor burning, and camp and recreational fires.
Ceremonial and traditional fires were not included in the ban.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires