Tuesday, January 28, 2014
NESPELEM The federal Environmental Protection Agency lifted the burn ban on the Colville Indian Reservation today
The ban was ordered on the reservation, as well as the Spokane and Yakama Indian reservations, in December due to stagnant air conditions.
Lifting of the ban means tribal members are allowed agricultural and outdoor burning, and camp and recreational fires.
Ceremonial and traditional fires were not included in the ban.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan