Friday, January 24, 2014
SELAH Douglas D. Peters of Selah has been appointed by Gov. Jay Inslee to serve on the State Parks and Recreation Commission.
“I am honored and happy to be joining the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission,” Peters said. “We have a wonderful park system here in Washington. In fact, it’s one of our state’s best assets. I look forward to serving on the Commission to ensure that our state park system is healthy and strong, not just for today, but for our kids and grandkids.”
Peters’ six-year term began this week with a Commission meeting in Olympia. Peters was a founder of the Yakima Greenway Foundation and currently is on the board of the Yakima Greenway Endowment, originally formed to create an 11-mile-long recreation trail along the Naches and Yakima rivers.
He served as the first president of the Washington Chapter of the Nature Conservancy and now is on the steering committee for the Nature Conservancy Eastern Cascade Initiative. He has served over the years on a number of non-profit boards whose work focused on housing, education and the arts.
Peters is a current member of the Yakima Valley Community College Foundation Board and Yakima Symphony Orchestra.
Peters’ 42-year legal career included serving as city attorney of Selah and Naches and sustaining a private law practice in Central Washington. He was president of the Yakima County Bar Association and a founding member of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
He and his wife Marj have four children and five grandchildren.
The State Parks and Recreation Commission is a seven-member board that sets policy to guide the state park system.
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstatedTonasket High School basketball coach Kevin Landdeck has been reinstated through the end of the season.
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan CountyOKANOGAN - Health officials have confirmed one adult case of the Mumps in Okanogan County, according to a release from ...
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE