Friday, January 24, 2014
SELAH Douglas D. Peters of Selah has been appointed by Gov. Jay Inslee to serve on the State Parks and Recreation Commission.
“I am honored and happy to be joining the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission,” Peters said. “We have a wonderful park system here in Washington. In fact, it’s one of our state’s best assets. I look forward to serving on the Commission to ensure that our state park system is healthy and strong, not just for today, but for our kids and grandkids.”
Peters’ six-year term began this week with a Commission meeting in Olympia. Peters was a founder of the Yakima Greenway Foundation and currently is on the board of the Yakima Greenway Endowment, originally formed to create an 11-mile-long recreation trail along the Naches and Yakima rivers.
He served as the first president of the Washington Chapter of the Nature Conservancy and now is on the steering committee for the Nature Conservancy Eastern Cascade Initiative. He has served over the years on a number of non-profit boards whose work focused on housing, education and the arts.
Peters is a current member of the Yakima Valley Community College Foundation Board and Yakima Symphony Orchestra.
Peters’ 42-year legal career included serving as city attorney of Selah and Naches and sustaining a private law practice in Central Washington. He was president of the Yakima County Bar Association and a founding member of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
He and his wife Marj have four children and five grandchildren.
The State Parks and Recreation Commission is a seven-member board that sets policy to guide the state park system.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON