Friday, January 24, 2014
OSOYOOS, B.C. The friends and family of a local woman who died earlier this week from fire-related injuries will remember her at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Deleyne Hunter, 52, suffered fatal injuries in a fire that destroyed her duplex on 92nd Avenue last Friday morning. Her remembrance will take place at the Owl Pub, 7603 Spartan Drive.
Fire officials said a second victim of the fire, 41-year-old Sheldon Hall, is in stable condition in the Vancouver General Hospital burn unit in Vancouver, B.C.
Officials said 35 percent of his body suffered serious burns.
Fire officials have yet to release the cause of the fire, but do not believe it was intentional.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge