Friday, January 24, 2014
OSOYOOS, B.C. The friends and family of a local woman who died earlier this week from fire-related injuries will remember her at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Deleyne Hunter, 52, suffered fatal injuries in a fire that destroyed her duplex on 92nd Avenue last Friday morning. Her remembrance will take place at the Owl Pub, 7603 Spartan Drive.
Fire officials said a second victim of the fire, 41-year-old Sheldon Hall, is in stable condition in the Vancouver General Hospital burn unit in Vancouver, B.C.
Officials said 35 percent of his body suffered serious burns.
Fire officials have yet to release the cause of the fire, but do not believe it was intentional.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge