Friday, January 24, 2014
ADDY The Washington State Patrol is investigating a crash three miles south of town where at least one motorist has been killed.
The crash on state Highway 395 occurred at 6:13 a.m., the State Patrol reported. The highway was closed to motor vehicle traffic.
The State Patrol has identified the person killed and is "enroute to make next of kin notifications," State Patrol Spokesman George Neal said earlier this morning.
The victim's name will be released after notification is complete.
A State Patrol report said the crash involved a second vehicle, but related information has not yet been released.
It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash, the report said.
An estimated time for reopening the highway has not yet been released.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge