Friday, January 24, 2014
ADDY The Washington State Patrol is investigating a crash three miles south of town where at least one motorist has been killed.
The crash on state Highway 395 occurred at 6:13 a.m., the State Patrol reported. The highway was closed to motor vehicle traffic.
The State Patrol has identified the person killed and is "enroute to make next of kin notifications," State Patrol Spokesman George Neal said earlier this morning.
The victim's name will be released after notification is complete.
A State Patrol report said the crash involved a second vehicle, but related information has not yet been released.
It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash, the report said.
An estimated time for reopening the highway has not yet been released.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS