Friday, January 24, 2014
ADDY The Washington State Patrol is investigating a crash three miles south of town where at least one motorist has been killed.
The crash on state Highway 395 occurred at 6:13 a.m., the State Patrol reported. The highway was closed to motor vehicle traffic.
The State Patrol has identified the person killed and is "enroute to make next of kin notifications," State Patrol Spokesman George Neal said earlier this morning.
The victim's name will be released after notification is complete.
A State Patrol report said the crash involved a second vehicle, but related information has not yet been released.
It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash, the report said.
An estimated time for reopening the highway has not yet been released.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge