Wednesday, January 22, 2014
OKANOGAN The annual Poetry Out Loud recitation contest is set for 7 tonight, Wednesday, in the Okanogan High School cafetorium, 244 S. Fifth Ave.
Students will recite poetry, with the winner going on to regional competition in Seattle.
The contest, coordinated by English teacher Dennis O’Connor, includes cash prizes.
Liberty Bell High School and Independent Learning Center’s competition was in December, with Liam Daily and Kira Cramer as winners.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge