Wednesday, January 22, 2014
MAZAMA The Bjornsen siblings are headed to the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, as members of the U.S. Ski Team.
Eric Bjornsen, 22, was named to the U.S. Nordic Ski Team early today.
He joins his 24-year-old sister, Sadie Bjornsen, and 31-year-old skiers Kikkan Randall and Holly Brooks, both of Alaska, on the team. They were previously named to the team, but confirmed this morning.
The four train together at Alaska Pacific University Nordic Ski Center in Alaska.
Eric Bjornsen could not be reached for comment early today.
The Chronicle interviewed Sadie Bjornsen last week before the time was finalized today.
“I am really excited to have made the team,” Sadie Bjornsen told The Chronicle. “It’s been a dream of mine since I was a young girl. It is going to be a huge honor to compete in my first games, and already I am counting down the days until it will begin.”
Bjornsen, 24, learned she reached the first objective for making the team and heading to Sochi, Russia a couple weeks ago, that being a Top 50 placing in the World Cup standings. She finished in the middle of the standings.
For the complete interview with Sadie Bjornsen, pick up a copy of our print edition today, or subscribe to our e-edition here.
More like this story
- Crews work to line Picket North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge