Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Thomas scores 31 for Team Coffee
OMAK – Team Coffee knocked down 80 points, led by the 31 of Charles Thomas, in beating the Miller Team, 80-46, in men’s basketball Sunday at the Omak Community Center.
Week 1 results:
Team Coffee (80): Charles Thomas 31, Kenny Miller 16.
Miller Team (46): Jason VanderWeide 10, Jacob Fury 9.
Sunshine and Crew doused the Brewster Heat, 50-14.
Sunshine and Crew (50): Brandon Kohler 11, JoJo LaGrou 10.
Brewster Heat (14): Derin Benson 4, Josue Hernandez 4, Saul Sausedo 4.
The Tigers used strong defense to turn back the Warriors, 50-20.
Tigers (50): Swede Albert 11, Andre Lorane 9.
Warriors (20): Luis Orozco 11, Jordan Jones 3.
Omak gunners look strong
OMAK – The Omak Fish and Game Club got a perfect 25 Sunday from Randy Clough during the third week of the eight-week Spokesman-Review Inland Empire Trapshoot.
Conditions were 22 degrees, slight wind and overcast sky, spokesman Dick LaMonte said.
Singles: 25, Randy Clough. 24, Don Calentine, Dennis Hardie and Dick LaMonte.
Handicap: 25, Don Fisher. 24, Don Calentine. 23, Royce Miller.
Doubles: 22, Dennis Hardie and Bob Wareham. 20, Gary Watts.
Skeet (Jan. 18): 24, Bob Wareham. 23, Gary Watts.
Omak AAU basketball tops Okanogan
OMAK – Omak took five out of six basketball games from Okanogan in Amateur Athletic Union action Saturday.
Sixth-grade: Did not play.
Fifth-grade: Omak 22, Okanogan 13.
Fourth-grade: Omak 18, Okanogan 15.
Third-grade: Omak 21, Okanogan 18.
Sixth-grade: Omak 27, Okanogan 19.
Fifth-grade: Omak 16, Okanogan 12.
Fourth-grade: Score not available.
Third-grade: Okanogan 10, Omak 8.
Snow drags return Feb. 8
BONAPARTE LAKE – The Bonaparte Lake Snow Drags return Feb. 8 at the lake northeast of Tonasket.
The races, hosted by Bonaparte Snowmobile/ATV Club, will include 10 racing classes including youth division.
Registration is 7:30-9:30 a.m. Racing starts at 10 a.m.
Mike Sterling is organizing the races.
— The Chronicle
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge