Wednesday, January 22, 2014
TONASKET Grab your favorite poodle skirt and lace up your saddle shoes for a sing-along production of “Grease” on Saturday at the Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
The event is a fundraiser for the Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus.
During the pre-party at 6 p.m., photos will be taken, participation bags will be handed out and instructions for the movie will be given, Karen Schimpf said.
Refreshments will be available – traditional treats like hot dogs, Red Vines licorice and root beer floats.
There will be a warm-up before the movie begins at 7 p.m., and a silent auction will take place.
Attendees are encouraged to dress up for the costume contest.
“I just hope lots of people come. Should be fun,” Schimpf said. “The CCC is a real nice place to come to. It’s a good place to do small shows.”
The Orchestra and Chorus plans a family concert for 3 p.m. Feb. 9 in the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St. Admission will be charged.
The orchestra and the chorus, which have about 35 members each, hosted another fundraiser on Halloween: A showing of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
“We did well. It was fun,” Schimpf said. “We’re trying to do these on and off. We need to fundraise. We can’t depend on ticket prices to cover us.”
The group also applies for grants to help with general expenses.
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge