Wednesday, January 22, 2014
TONASKET Grab your favorite poodle skirt and lace up your saddle shoes for a sing-along production of “Grease” on Saturday at the Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
The event is a fundraiser for the Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus.
During the pre-party at 6 p.m., photos will be taken, participation bags will be handed out and instructions for the movie will be given, Karen Schimpf said.
Refreshments will be available – traditional treats like hot dogs, Red Vines licorice and root beer floats.
There will be a warm-up before the movie begins at 7 p.m., and a silent auction will take place.
Attendees are encouraged to dress up for the costume contest.
“I just hope lots of people come. Should be fun,” Schimpf said. “The CCC is a real nice place to come to. It’s a good place to do small shows.”
The Orchestra and Chorus plans a family concert for 3 p.m. Feb. 9 in the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St. Admission will be charged.
The orchestra and the chorus, which have about 35 members each, hosted another fundraiser on Halloween: A showing of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
“We did well. It was fun,” Schimpf said. “We’re trying to do these on and off. We need to fundraise. We can’t depend on ticket prices to cover us.”
The group also applies for grants to help with general expenses.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash