Wednesday, January 22, 2014
TONASKET Grab your favorite poodle skirt and lace up your saddle shoes for a sing-along production of “Grease” on Saturday at the Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
The event is a fundraiser for the Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus.
During the pre-party at 6 p.m., photos will be taken, participation bags will be handed out and instructions for the movie will be given, Karen Schimpf said.
Refreshments will be available – traditional treats like hot dogs, Red Vines licorice and root beer floats.
There will be a warm-up before the movie begins at 7 p.m., and a silent auction will take place.
Attendees are encouraged to dress up for the costume contest.
“I just hope lots of people come. Should be fun,” Schimpf said. “The CCC is a real nice place to come to. It’s a good place to do small shows.”
The Orchestra and Chorus plans a family concert for 3 p.m. Feb. 9 in the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St. Admission will be charged.
The orchestra and the chorus, which have about 35 members each, hosted another fundraiser on Halloween: A showing of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
“We did well. It was fun,” Schimpf said. “We’re trying to do these on and off. We need to fundraise. We can’t depend on ticket prices to cover us.”
The group also applies for grants to help with general expenses.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge