Wednesday, January 22, 2014
TONASKET Grab your favorite poodle skirt and lace up your saddle shoes for a sing-along production of “Grease” on Saturday at the Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
The event is a fundraiser for the Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus.
During the pre-party at 6 p.m., photos will be taken, participation bags will be handed out and instructions for the movie will be given, Karen Schimpf said.
Refreshments will be available – traditional treats like hot dogs, Red Vines licorice and root beer floats.
There will be a warm-up before the movie begins at 7 p.m., and a silent auction will take place.
Attendees are encouraged to dress up for the costume contest.
“I just hope lots of people come. Should be fun,” Schimpf said. “The CCC is a real nice place to come to. It’s a good place to do small shows.”
The Orchestra and Chorus plans a family concert for 3 p.m. Feb. 9 in the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St. Admission will be charged.
The orchestra and the chorus, which have about 35 members each, hosted another fundraiser on Halloween: A showing of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
“We did well. It was fun,” Schimpf said. “We’re trying to do these on and off. We need to fundraise. We can’t depend on ticket prices to cover us.”
The group also applies for grants to help with general expenses.
More like this story
- North Valley Hospital CEO fired
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge