Wednesday, January 22, 2014
OMAK Nerves may have been running high throughout the Pacific Northwest on Sunday, but one local family never wavered in their belief that the Seattle Seahawks would pull out the victory.
The Newport family celebrated the Hawks’ 23-17 victory against the San Francisco 49ers at their blue, gray and green-decorated house. Posters, painted windows and Seahawks details adorn the Third Avenue home, while a large blow-up Seahawk figure greets visitors on the front lawn.
The victory sends Seattle to the Super Bowl for the second time in franchise history, where the Hawks will face off against the Denver Broncos in New Jersey on Feb. 2.
“We’ve always had faith,” Crystal Newport said.
Kevin Newport said the Seahawks have been a second-half team all year long, so he wasn’t concerned about a 10-3 deficit at halftime.
The family remains confident heading into the Super Bowl.
Crystal Newport predicted a 20-10 victory against quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
Kevin Newport didn’t want to make a prediction on the score, but said he believes the two teams are evenly matched as the Hawks will come out victorious as long as they can get Manning out of the pocket.
The Chronicle is seeking Seattle Seahawks fan photos for an upcoming issue. Send in your photos from games during the season or pictures of yourself, friends or family members dressed in Seahawks gear.
Show off your Seahawks-themed home decor, your man cave or anything. Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge