Wednesday, January 22, 2014
OMAK Nerves may have been running high throughout the Pacific Northwest on Sunday, but one local family never wavered in their belief that the Seattle Seahawks would pull out the victory.
The Newport family celebrated the Hawks’ 23-17 victory against the San Francisco 49ers at their blue, gray and green-decorated house. Posters, painted windows and Seahawks details adorn the Third Avenue home, while a large blow-up Seahawk figure greets visitors on the front lawn.
The victory sends Seattle to the Super Bowl for the second time in franchise history, where the Hawks will face off against the Denver Broncos in New Jersey on Feb. 2.
“We’ve always had faith,” Crystal Newport said.
Kevin Newport said the Seahawks have been a second-half team all year long, so he wasn’t concerned about a 10-3 deficit at halftime.
The family remains confident heading into the Super Bowl.
Crystal Newport predicted a 20-10 victory against quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
Kevin Newport didn’t want to make a prediction on the score, but said he believes the two teams are evenly matched as the Hawks will come out victorious as long as they can get Manning out of the pocket.
The Chronicle is seeking Seattle Seahawks fan photos for an upcoming issue. Send in your photos from games during the season or pictures of yourself, friends or family members dressed in Seahawks gear.
Show off your Seahawks-themed home decor, your man cave or anything. Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge