Wednesday, January 22, 2014
MARYSVILLE Alex Aguilar and Caleb Harvill each finished second at the Premier Tournament on Saturday at Marysville-Pilchuck High School.
Aguilar, back from injury, fell 7-5 in overtime at 152 pounds to Dalton Gilman of Stanwood in the championship round.
Aguilar reached the finals with pins of 39 seconds and 1:20 followed by a major decision, 17-4, in the semifinals.
Gilman entered the bout with three straight pins.
Harvill fell by pin to Garrett Stich of Snohomish in the 182 title bout.
Harvill opened with pins of 1:15 and 1:04, then won a tough 6-5 decision over Garret Arrona of Stanwood in the semifinals.
Caleb Riggle tied for third at 160.
The Pioneers won 10 and lost nine matches.
ROYAL CITY – Walker Baumbach took first place at 145 pounds at The Royal Rumble on Saturday.
Kolten Fanning, 285, and Blake Phillips at 170 finished second.
Cole Sailor was third at 182.
Wyatt Stoddard at 160 and Jacob Klingensmith at 285 finished fourth.
Chance Wheaton at 160 was fifth.
TONASKET – Tonasket topped Cascade, 60-12, in a Caribou Trail League dual wrestling meet Friday.
Collin Aitcheson, Jorge Juarez, Zach Lofthus, Caleb Lofthus, Frank Holfelz and Chad Edwards all won by pin.
Dylan Walton won by a tech fall and Austin Knowlton won by a decision.
“Austin Knowlton was behind with 15 seconds left and took his opponent down to his back for the win,” coach Dave Mitchell said.
OKANOGAN – Lake Roosevelt and Okanogan got just about every active wrestler a match in a non-league meeting Thursday.
132 – Coltin Williams, L.R., d. Myron Super, Okan., 10-2. 126 – James Monagham, L.R., t.f. Jesus Menchaca, Okan., 19-3. 126: Riley Prescott, Okan., p. Zach Erickson, L.R., 5:01. 132: Jalen Moses, Okan., d. Oscar Pakootas, L.R., 8-4. 138: Randy Hamilton, Okan., p. Gabe Moses, L.R., 5:25. 145: Austin Eastridge, Okan., d. Jesse Louie, L.R., 9-4. 138: Dwight Belgarde, L.R., d. Lars Weigel, Okan., 2-1. 160: Kodie Horn, L.R., d. Corbin Ranck, Okan., 5-1. 170: Austin Warren, Okan., p. Teddy Sharr, L.R., 1:00. 285, Octavio Alejandre, L.R., d. Dreton Acord, Okan., 5-0.
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Coulee DamResidents throughout Okanogan and surrounding counties may felt the rattle of a 4.3 magnitude earthquake this morning.
- Mother, two children hospitalized following minor crashJessica A. Saffel, 27, Cergio Britt, 8, and Alyssa Britt, 5, all of Yakima, were transported to the Wenatchee hospital ...
More like this story
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Coulee Dam
- Sturgeon fishing returns on Columbia
- Mother, two children hospitalized following minor crash
- Tucannon Fire reaches 2,700 acres
- Carpenter Road fire still growing
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge