Wednesday, January 22, 2014
MARYSVILLE Alex Aguilar and Caleb Harvill each finished second at the Premier Tournament on Saturday at Marysville-Pilchuck High School.
Aguilar, back from injury, fell 7-5 in overtime at 152 pounds to Dalton Gilman of Stanwood in the championship round.
Aguilar reached the finals with pins of 39 seconds and 1:20 followed by a major decision, 17-4, in the semifinals.
Gilman entered the bout with three straight pins.
Harvill fell by pin to Garrett Stich of Snohomish in the 182 title bout.
Harvill opened with pins of 1:15 and 1:04, then won a tough 6-5 decision over Garret Arrona of Stanwood in the semifinals.
Caleb Riggle tied for third at 160.
The Pioneers won 10 and lost nine matches.
ROYAL CITY – Walker Baumbach took first place at 145 pounds at The Royal Rumble on Saturday.
Kolten Fanning, 285, and Blake Phillips at 170 finished second.
Cole Sailor was third at 182.
Wyatt Stoddard at 160 and Jacob Klingensmith at 285 finished fourth.
Chance Wheaton at 160 was fifth.
TONASKET – Tonasket topped Cascade, 60-12, in a Caribou Trail League dual wrestling meet Friday.
Collin Aitcheson, Jorge Juarez, Zach Lofthus, Caleb Lofthus, Frank Holfelz and Chad Edwards all won by pin.
Dylan Walton won by a tech fall and Austin Knowlton won by a decision.
“Austin Knowlton was behind with 15 seconds left and took his opponent down to his back for the win,” coach Dave Mitchell said.
OKANOGAN – Lake Roosevelt and Okanogan got just about every active wrestler a match in a non-league meeting Thursday.
132 – Coltin Williams, L.R., d. Myron Super, Okan., 10-2. 126 – James Monagham, L.R., t.f. Jesus Menchaca, Okan., 19-3. 126: Riley Prescott, Okan., p. Zach Erickson, L.R., 5:01. 132: Jalen Moses, Okan., d. Oscar Pakootas, L.R., 8-4. 138: Randy Hamilton, Okan., p. Gabe Moses, L.R., 5:25. 145: Austin Eastridge, Okan., d. Jesse Louie, L.R., 9-4. 138: Dwight Belgarde, L.R., d. Lars Weigel, Okan., 2-1. 160: Kodie Horn, L.R., d. Corbin Ranck, Okan., 5-1. 170: Austin Warren, Okan., p. Teddy Sharr, L.R., 1:00. 285, Octavio Alejandre, L.R., d. Dreton Acord, Okan., 5-0.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- Fire damages building supply
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL