Tuesday, January 21, 2014
OMAK Brewster’s state-ranked basketball teams compete in Omak on Tuesday.
The No. 1 state-ranked Brewster girls (13-1 overall, 7-1 league) take on Omak (7-7, 2-6) at 6 p.m.
The Bears No. 7 boys team (11-3, 7-1) follows against the Pioneers (6-7, 2-5) around 7:30 p.m.
In other games tonight, Okanogan is at Tonasket, Oroville is at Manson and Republic plays Wilbur-Creston at Wilbur (3 p.m.).
The Associated Press ranked the Okanogan boys team (14-0, 8-0) at No. 1 in a Jan. 16 poll.
The Okanogan girls team (12-2, 6-2) was ranked No. 3.
The Republic girls team (13-1), which is riding a seven-game win streak, was tied at No. 5 with Pateros (9-1).
The Wilbur-Creston girls (15-0) are ranked No. 3.
In wrestling, Oroville is at Okanogan and Liberty Bell is at Chelan in matches slated to start at 7 p.m.
The Bulldogs took on Lake Roosevelt on Thursday, winning 10 of 16 matches.
Coaches tied to matchup wrestlers the best they could, Okanogan coach Andy Knutson said.
“We kept score of the matches wrestled, but it is not an official score,” said Knutson, who said Okanogan was ahead on the scoreboard, 51-26, at the end.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge