Tuesday, January 21, 2014
OMAK Brewster’s state-ranked basketball teams compete in Omak on Tuesday.
The No. 1 state-ranked Brewster girls (13-1 overall, 7-1 league) take on Omak (7-7, 2-6) at 6 p.m.
The Bears No. 7 boys team (11-3, 7-1) follows against the Pioneers (6-7, 2-5) around 7:30 p.m.
In other games tonight, Okanogan is at Tonasket, Oroville is at Manson and Republic plays Wilbur-Creston at Wilbur (3 p.m.).
The Associated Press ranked the Okanogan boys team (14-0, 8-0) at No. 1 in a Jan. 16 poll.
The Okanogan girls team (12-2, 6-2) was ranked No. 3.
The Republic girls team (13-1), which is riding a seven-game win streak, was tied at No. 5 with Pateros (9-1).
The Wilbur-Creston girls (15-0) are ranked No. 3.
In wrestling, Oroville is at Okanogan and Liberty Bell is at Chelan in matches slated to start at 7 p.m.
The Bulldogs took on Lake Roosevelt on Thursday, winning 10 of 16 matches.
Coaches tied to matchup wrestlers the best they could, Okanogan coach Andy Knutson said.
“We kept score of the matches wrestled, but it is not an official score,” said Knutson, who said Okanogan was ahead on the scoreboard, 51-26, at the end.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge