Sunday, January 19, 2014
Oroville High School wrestlers won 11 of 14 bouts at a mixer Tuesday that also included teams from Almira/Coulee-Hartline, Lake Roosevelt, Republic, Lakeside junior varsity and host Wilbur-Creston.
“It was a fun night of mixer-style wrestling,” Oroville coach Chuck Ricevuto said. “Everyone attending received good competition and got home reasonably early on a school night.”
Leo Curiel (132 pounds) “easily dominated” his two matches, Ricevuto said.
Eddie Ocampo (160) and Taylor Robinson (182) also went 2-0.
Charles Arrigoni (170) and Ruben Renfro (170) each went 1-0.
Jordan Smith (120) won his first match. He then moved to 126 to take on Lake Roosevelt’s James Monaghan, who prevailed following “a great battle” by fall, the coach said.
Republic won 10 of its 14 matches, coach Jack Hamilton said of the last regular-season scheduled tournament.
Liberty Bell is at Chelan and Oroville is at the Okanogan Invitational on Tuesday.
Tonasket heads to Cashmere and Omak to Chelan for Caribou Trail League dual meets Thursday.
Okanogan will have an early start time of 6 p.m. at Quincy on Thursday.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge