Sunday, January 19, 2014
Oroville High School wrestlers won 11 of 14 bouts at a mixer Tuesday that also included teams from Almira/Coulee-Hartline, Lake Roosevelt, Republic, Lakeside junior varsity and host Wilbur-Creston.
“It was a fun night of mixer-style wrestling,” Oroville coach Chuck Ricevuto said. “Everyone attending received good competition and got home reasonably early on a school night.”
Leo Curiel (132 pounds) “easily dominated” his two matches, Ricevuto said.
Eddie Ocampo (160) and Taylor Robinson (182) also went 2-0.
Charles Arrigoni (170) and Ruben Renfro (170) each went 1-0.
Jordan Smith (120) won his first match. He then moved to 126 to take on Lake Roosevelt’s James Monaghan, who prevailed following “a great battle” by fall, the coach said.
Republic won 10 of its 14 matches, coach Jack Hamilton said of the last regular-season scheduled tournament.
Liberty Bell is at Chelan and Oroville is at the Okanogan Invitational on Tuesday.
Tonasket heads to Cashmere and Omak to Chelan for Caribou Trail League dual meets Thursday.
Okanogan will have an early start time of 6 p.m. at Quincy on Thursday.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington