Sunday, January 19, 2014
Oroville High School wrestlers won 11 of 14 bouts at a mixer Tuesday that also included teams from Almira/Coulee-Hartline, Lake Roosevelt, Republic, Lakeside junior varsity and host Wilbur-Creston.
“It was a fun night of mixer-style wrestling,” Oroville coach Chuck Ricevuto said. “Everyone attending received good competition and got home reasonably early on a school night.”
Leo Curiel (132 pounds) “easily dominated” his two matches, Ricevuto said.
Eddie Ocampo (160) and Taylor Robinson (182) also went 2-0.
Charles Arrigoni (170) and Ruben Renfro (170) each went 1-0.
Jordan Smith (120) won his first match. He then moved to 126 to take on Lake Roosevelt’s James Monaghan, who prevailed following “a great battle” by fall, the coach said.
Republic won 10 of its 14 matches, coach Jack Hamilton said of the last regular-season scheduled tournament.
Liberty Bell is at Chelan and Oroville is at the Okanogan Invitational on Tuesday.
Tonasket heads to Cashmere and Omak to Chelan for Caribou Trail League dual meets Thursday.
Okanogan will have an early start time of 6 p.m. at Quincy on Thursday.
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge