Wednesday, January 15, 2014
OMAK Music educators plan their annual high school Monster Band and Choir Festival for Feb. 10 in the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St.
More than 200 students from nine area schools are expected to attend. A free concert is planned for 6 p.m.
Students spend the day rehearsing with visiting conductors, then stage a public performance.
Later that week, on Feb. 21-22, the center will host a horror comedy written and produced by senior Harry Best for his senior culminating project.
Performances will be at 7 p.m. both nights.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge