Wednesday, January 15, 2014
OLYMPIA State officials say 380,913 indigent residents statewide have signed up for Medicaid coverage.
According to figures released Tuesday by Washington Apple Health officials, those residents signed up under the Affordable Care Act, dubbed "Obamacare," between Oct. 1 and Jan. 9. Of those registrations, 183,138 residents were already receiving Medicaid benefits, but had to renew.
In Okanogan County, 3,373 people signed up for Medicaid, figures show. In Ferry County, 416 residents signed up.
State officials said in addition to Medicaid, only 73,098 state residents have obtained a qualified health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act between Oct. 1 and Jan. 9. A local breakdown of those numbers was not immediately available.
State officials have yet to release figures on how many residents have lost insurance since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge