Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Profanity doesn’t have a place in a high school gym
I recently attended a varsity basketball game between Brewster and Cascade high schools.
I have a niece who plays for Brewster and attends a Christian private school. I am also the bus driver who transported the Brewster team there.
During warm-ups, most schools play music. When I heard the profanity coming from the sound system, I was quite offended. Rap music is fast, but is this really where we are these days?
My parents were upset when the Beatles came around. Elvis was also quite controversial.
Is it just Cascade High School allows and condones these type of words to be transmitted in the presence of children and mature adults?
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstatedTonasket High School basketball coach Kevin Landdeck has been reinstated through the end of the season.
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan CountyOKANOGAN - Health officials have confirmed one adult case of the Mumps in Okanogan County, according to a release from ...
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE