Wednesday, January 15, 2014
COULEE DAM Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal is in the process of determining whether his department or an outside agency will handle an investigation into a missing computer and electronic files from City Hall.
“I have no doubt my guys can do the investigation properly, but you never want to have the appearance of impropriety,” Gjesdal said.
Gjesdal said he recently received a request from Mayor Greg Wilder to investigate the missing items.
City Hall, 300 Lincoln Ave., is located in Douglas County. Other portions of the town are also in Okanogan and Grant counties, so Gjesdal said he’s been speaking with his staff to determine the best way to proceed.
In November, Wilder defeated longtime Mayor Gayland “Quincy” Snow.
Snow said he has no knowledge of what happened to the computer.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge