Wednesday, January 15, 2014
COULEE DAM Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal is in the process of determining whether his department or an outside agency will handle an investigation into a missing computer and electronic files from City Hall.
“I have no doubt my guys can do the investigation properly, but you never want to have the appearance of impropriety,” Gjesdal said.
Gjesdal said he recently received a request from Mayor Greg Wilder to investigate the missing items.
City Hall, 300 Lincoln Ave., is located in Douglas County. Other portions of the town are also in Okanogan and Grant counties, so Gjesdal said he’s been speaking with his staff to determine the best way to proceed.
In November, Wilder defeated longtime Mayor Gayland “Quincy” Snow.
Snow said he has no knowledge of what happened to the computer.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge