Wednesday, January 15, 2014
COULEE DAM Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal is in the process of determining whether his department or an outside agency will handle an investigation into a missing computer and electronic files from City Hall.
“I have no doubt my guys can do the investigation properly, but you never want to have the appearance of impropriety,” Gjesdal said.
Gjesdal said he recently received a request from Mayor Greg Wilder to investigate the missing items.
City Hall, 300 Lincoln Ave., is located in Douglas County. Other portions of the town are also in Okanogan and Grant counties, so Gjesdal said he’s been speaking with his staff to determine the best way to proceed.
In November, Wilder defeated longtime Mayor Gayland “Quincy” Snow.
Snow said he has no knowledge of what happened to the computer.
More like this story
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge