Wednesday, January 15, 2014
COULEE DAM Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal is in the process of determining whether his department or an outside agency will handle an investigation into a missing computer and electronic files from City Hall.
“I have no doubt my guys can do the investigation properly, but you never want to have the appearance of impropriety,” Gjesdal said.
Gjesdal said he recently received a request from Mayor Greg Wilder to investigate the missing items.
City Hall, 300 Lincoln Ave., is located in Douglas County. Other portions of the town are also in Okanogan and Grant counties, so Gjesdal said he’s been speaking with his staff to determine the best way to proceed.
In November, Wilder defeated longtime Mayor Gayland “Quincy” Snow.
Snow said he has no knowledge of what happened to the computer.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge