Monday, January 13, 2014
HYAK The state Department of Transportation is asking drivers to complete an online survey about the visibility of Interstate 90 lane striping in Snoqualmie Pass.
Responses from the survey will provide Transportation officials feedback about conditions before construction starts this summer on a project designed to improve visibility and safety by using solar-powered LED markers.
Take the survey here.
"Snoqualmie Pass gets more than 400 inches of snow each year and one of the numerous challenges operating and maintaining Snoqualmie Pass is maintaining the stripes during the winter with the use of deicer, studded tires and chains,” Transportation Assistant Regional Administrator Troy Suing said. “We know we need something on the pass that can handle the harsh weather conditions that gives drivers the ability to see the lanes.”
The pilot project is the first in the state to install lane markings with solar-powered light-emitting diodes.
Officials hope the new lane markings will improve visibility despite the harsh weather conditions on the pass. If successful, the solar-powered LED markers could possibly be used in other locations along the corridor.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge