Monday, January 13, 2014
HYAK The state Department of Transportation is asking drivers to complete an online survey about the visibility of Interstate 90 lane striping in Snoqualmie Pass.
Responses from the survey will provide Transportation officials feedback about conditions before construction starts this summer on a project designed to improve visibility and safety by using solar-powered LED markers.
Take the survey here.
"Snoqualmie Pass gets more than 400 inches of snow each year and one of the numerous challenges operating and maintaining Snoqualmie Pass is maintaining the stripes during the winter with the use of deicer, studded tires and chains,” Transportation Assistant Regional Administrator Troy Suing said. “We know we need something on the pass that can handle the harsh weather conditions that gives drivers the ability to see the lanes.”
The pilot project is the first in the state to install lane markings with solar-powered light-emitting diodes.
Officials hope the new lane markings will improve visibility despite the harsh weather conditions on the pass. If successful, the solar-powered LED markers could possibly be used in other locations along the corridor.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE