Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June
- Crab feed is planned Saturday in Grand Coulee
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Thursday additions
- 50 years ago: Fire damages Tonasket School
- Assembly recognizes Tonasket High School athletes
- Three injured in two-vehicle crash near Colville
- Industrial hemp pilot project planned
- Pavement crack sealing under way on Highway 97
- Tonasket man accused of raping Kitsap County woman