Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge