Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo
- Okanogan council OKs annexation
- Chelan Falls man sentenced for tax fraud
- Defendant loses burglary conviction appeal
- Grant aimed at helping north central Washington economy
- Program focuses on air quality
- Cider squeeze planned Oct. 1
- Donations accepted for CCC rummage sale
- 'The Last Salmon' returns to Twisp stage