Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- Fishing to open for hatchery steelhead, rainbows
- Federal help sought for fire recovery
- Legislator calls for fight against McCleary
- Family Faire wraps up today
- Friday football scores: Okanogan wins big
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge