Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- Tonasket's Field leads state 1B/2B after Day 1
- SUV plunges into hole
- Oroville names Hardesty
- House fire claims Omak man’s life
- Curlew dog contracts heartworms
- One dead after morning apartment fire
- Bear captured in Oroville yard
- Students compete at state
- Rattlesnake season begins
- Flash flood warning issued
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge