Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- Travel safety urged
- Winter storm brings school delays
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge