Monday, January 13, 2014
OLYMPIA It didn’t take long for Sen. Brian Dansel to be sent to the “principal’s” office Monday.
After being sworn in as a new member of the state senate, the conservative Dansel was sent to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office. As governor, Inslee is essentially the "principal" of state government.
The freshman Republican from Republic wasn’t in trouble – he was dispatched with the liberal Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, to invite the governor to address a joint session of the Legislature.
The governor’s state of the state address planned for Tuesday was previously scheduled, so the invitation was a just a formality.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge