Monday, January 13, 2014
SPRAGUE The Spokane District of the Bureau of Land Management will conduct prescribed burns in the Fishtrap area of Spokane and Lincoln counties between Jan. 15 and Feb. 28.
Federal officials said about 1,150 acres will be burned in five different areas.
Motorists and outdoorsman may notice smoke in the areas during and after the burns, officials said, noting the goal of the burns is to reduce fire hazard and intensity later this year.
Prescribed burns also help manage forests and rangelands and resort habitats and ecosystems, officials said.
The legal descriptions of the prescribed fire areas are Township 21 North, Range 39 East, Sections 1, 2, 11, and 12; Township 21 North, Range 40 East, Section 6; Township 22 North, Range 39 East, Section 36; Township 22 North, Range 40 East, Sections 29, 30, and 31.
Information about the BLM’s fire program is available here.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options