Monday, January 13, 2014
SPRAGUE The Spokane District of the Bureau of Land Management will conduct prescribed burns in the Fishtrap area of Spokane and Lincoln counties between Jan. 15 and Feb. 28.
Federal officials said about 1,150 acres will be burned in five different areas.
Motorists and outdoorsman may notice smoke in the areas during and after the burns, officials said, noting the goal of the burns is to reduce fire hazard and intensity later this year.
Prescribed burns also help manage forests and rangelands and resort habitats and ecosystems, officials said.
The legal descriptions of the prescribed fire areas are Township 21 North, Range 39 East, Sections 1, 2, 11, and 12; Township 21 North, Range 40 East, Section 6; Township 22 North, Range 39 East, Section 36; Township 22 North, Range 40 East, Sections 29, 30, and 31.
Information about the BLM’s fire program is available here.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge