Monday, January 13, 2014
SPRAGUE The Spokane District of the Bureau of Land Management will conduct prescribed burns in the Fishtrap area of Spokane and Lincoln counties between Jan. 15 and Feb. 28.
Federal officials said about 1,150 acres will be burned in five different areas.
Motorists and outdoorsman may notice smoke in the areas during and after the burns, officials said, noting the goal of the burns is to reduce fire hazard and intensity later this year.
Prescribed burns also help manage forests and rangelands and resort habitats and ecosystems, officials said.
The legal descriptions of the prescribed fire areas are Township 21 North, Range 39 East, Sections 1, 2, 11, and 12; Township 21 North, Range 40 East, Section 6; Township 22 North, Range 39 East, Section 36; Township 22 North, Range 40 East, Sections 29, 30, and 31.
Information about the BLM’s fire program is available here.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge