Monday, January 13, 2014
SPRAGUE The Spokane District of the Bureau of Land Management will conduct prescribed burns in the Fishtrap area of Spokane and Lincoln counties between Jan. 15 and Feb. 28.
Federal officials said about 1,150 acres will be burned in five different areas.
Motorists and outdoorsman may notice smoke in the areas during and after the burns, officials said, noting the goal of the burns is to reduce fire hazard and intensity later this year.
Prescribed burns also help manage forests and rangelands and resort habitats and ecosystems, officials said.
The legal descriptions of the prescribed fire areas are Township 21 North, Range 39 East, Sections 1, 2, 11, and 12; Township 21 North, Range 40 East, Section 6; Township 22 North, Range 39 East, Section 36; Township 22 North, Range 40 East, Sections 29, 30, and 31.
Information about the BLM’s fire program is available here.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge