Sunday, January 12, 2014
OMAK Tonasket ran off a 55-22 dual meet victory over Omak on Wednesday.
“There were four matches that could have gone either way,” Tonasket coach Dave Mitchell said. “It went well for us.”
“The guys, they had stepped up and wrestled well,” Omak coach Dewy Ives said.
The match opened at 152 pounds with the first of three forfeits to the Tigers.
Omak went in front, 16-12, when Omak’s Cody Harvill (195) pinned Frank Holfelz with nine seconds left in the third period.
Tonasket took charge from there with three straight first-period pins – John Rawley at 220 (0:19), Chad Edwards at 285 (0:48) and Vance Frazier at 106 (0:57).
Others with pins for Tonasket included Austin Knowlton (170) and Trevor Peterson.
Other pins for Omak include Rowdy Kruse at 182 and Gerald Sam at 138.
Tonasket 55, Omak 22
152 – Caleb Lofthus, Ton., by forfeit. 160 – Caleb Riggle, Omak, m.d. Dallas Tyus, 14-6. 170 – Austin Knowlton, Ton., p. Oliver Williams, Omak, 4:41. 182 – Rowdy Kruse, Omak, p. Lucas Vugteveen, Ton., 3:27. 195 – Cody Harvill, Omak, p. Frank Holfelz, 5:51. 220 – John Rawley, Ton., p. Michael Quezada, Omak, 0:19. 285 – Chad Edwards, Ton., p. Jaden Peterson, Omak,0:48.
106 – Vance Frazier, Ton., p. Dallas Joe, Omak, 0:57. 113 – Devin Walton, Ton., by forfeit. 120 – Rade Pilkinton, Ton., by forfeit. 126 – Trevor Peterson, Ton., p. Tyson Sundust, Omak, 1 period. 132 – Dyllan Walton., Ton., m.d. Danny Gomez-Pacheco, Omak, 11-3. 138 – Gerald Sam, Omak, p. Austin Rimestad, Ton., 3:14. 145 – Zach Lofthus, Ton., d. Branden Newman, Omak, 7-3.
OROVILLE — Oroville won 11 of 13 bouts in a mix-n-match Wednesday with Kettle Falls, Mary Walker and Selkirk.
Oroville’s John Marquiss pinned all three of his foes in the first period.
“That was his best performance of the season,” Oroville coach Chuck Ricevuto said.
Other Hornets included Jordan Smith (120) with a pin, technical fall; Leo Curiel (132) with a major decision; Charles Arrigoni (170) 1-1; Ruben Renfro (170) 1-1; Eddie Ocampo (160) dropping a weight for a pin and decision and Lukas Mieirs (195) with a first-period pin.
OMAK – The Washington Wrestling Report ranked Caribou Trail League wrestlers at No. 1 in 6 of 14 weights in a poll released Tuesday.
Wrestlers at No. 1 include Collin Aitcheson (120) and John Rawley (195) of Tonasket, Isias Jimenez (145) and Antonio Melendez (17) of Quincy, Jacob James (160) of Cashmere and Asa Schwartz (220) of Chelan.
Omak’s Cody Harvill is listed at No. 2 at 182.
- Level 3 sex offender moves to RiversideA level 3 sex offender has moved to the 00 block of Blue Moon Road, Riverside. The 43-year-old man notified ...
- Crews respond to wildfire near LoomisFire crews from the state Department of Natural Resources, U.S. Forest Service and the Loomis Fire Department are on the ...
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting