Thursday, January 9, 2014
OMAK The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for the Okanogan Valley, the North Cascades, Grand Coulee area and the Waterville Plateau.
Beginning Friday, Weather Service officials predict another winter storm to move into North-Central Washington.
“A powerful storm system will bring localized wind gusts of 50 mph or more Saturday,” the Weather Service’s hazardous outlook said. “Mountain ridge tops and other locations exposed to west winds will have the best change of experiencing strong winds.”
In Okanogan County, those winds are expected to affect the Methow, Chewilikin and Tunk valleys, as well as Wauconda and the Okanogan Highlands. The winds are also expected to buffet Sherman Pass, Keller and the Curlew areas of Ferry County.
Weather officials said residents may see some “power outages and localized damage to trees.”
In addition to the high winds, elevations above 4,000 feet may see another foot or more of snowfall between Friday and Sunday.
At lower elevations, meteorologists are predicting a rain-snow mix Friday, turning to rain by Saturday morning.
In the Grand Coulee and Waterville areas, the storm is expected to produce winds of 30-40 mph Saturday, weather officials said. Gusts could reach as high as 55 mph
Motorists should be prepared for crosswinds, officials said.
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge