Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A winter storm advisory is in effect for the Methow Valley, Okanogan Highlands and Ferry County until 7 a.m. Thursday.
The advisory means travelers should be prepared for snow-covered roads and limited visibility.
According to the National Weather Service, heavy snow is expected is Mazama, Winthrop, Twisp, Republic, Inchelium, Wauconda and Chesaw.
In the Methow Valley, overnight snow accumulations are expected to average 6-11 inches.
“The heaviest accumulations will fall above 3,000 feet,” a weather report said.
The Weather Service said North Cascades passes – including Stevens, Loup Loup and Blewett – will exhibit “treacherous” driving conditions.
In Ferry County, overnight accumulations are expect to average 2-5 inches, and as much as 3-7 inches in mountain areas.
“Travel will become treacherous this evening,” the Weather Service reported. “Roads will likely be snow-covered through Thursday morning.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge