Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A winter storm advisory is in effect for the Methow Valley, Okanogan Highlands and Ferry County until 7 a.m. Thursday.
The advisory means travelers should be prepared for snow-covered roads and limited visibility.
According to the National Weather Service, heavy snow is expected is Mazama, Winthrop, Twisp, Republic, Inchelium, Wauconda and Chesaw.
In the Methow Valley, overnight snow accumulations are expected to average 6-11 inches.
“The heaviest accumulations will fall above 3,000 feet,” a weather report said.
The Weather Service said North Cascades passes – including Stevens, Loup Loup and Blewett – will exhibit “treacherous” driving conditions.
In Ferry County, overnight accumulations are expect to average 2-5 inches, and as much as 3-7 inches in mountain areas.
“Travel will become treacherous this evening,” the Weather Service reported. “Roads will likely be snow-covered through Thursday morning.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge