Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A winter storm advisory is in effect for the Methow Valley, Okanogan Highlands and Ferry County until 7 a.m. Thursday.
The advisory means travelers should be prepared for snow-covered roads and limited visibility.
According to the National Weather Service, heavy snow is expected is Mazama, Winthrop, Twisp, Republic, Inchelium, Wauconda and Chesaw.
In the Methow Valley, overnight snow accumulations are expected to average 6-11 inches.
“The heaviest accumulations will fall above 3,000 feet,” a weather report said.
The Weather Service said North Cascades passes – including Stevens, Loup Loup and Blewett – will exhibit “treacherous” driving conditions.
In Ferry County, overnight accumulations are expect to average 2-5 inches, and as much as 3-7 inches in mountain areas.
“Travel will become treacherous this evening,” the Weather Service reported. “Roads will likely be snow-covered through Thursday morning.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge