Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A minor 1.8 magnitude earthquake was recorded Tuesday afternoon just east of state Highway 21, about nine miles south of town.
According to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, the earthquakes coordinates were latitude 48.495, longitude -118.663. That location is close to Fire Mountain.
The network noted the location is also 41.3 miles north-northeast of Grand Coulee and 35.2 miles west of Colville.
The eathquake occurred at 3:44 p.m.
The network reproted the quake occured near the Earth's surface, with a recorded depth of "0.0" kilometers.
For more on the earthquake, click here.
More like this story
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June
- Crab feed is planned Saturday in Grand Coulee
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Thursday additions
- 50 years ago: Fire damages Tonasket School
- Assembly recognizes Tonasket High School athletes
- Three injured in two-vehicle crash near Colville
- Industrial hemp pilot project planned
- Pavement crack sealing under way on Highway 97
- Tonasket man accused of raping Kitsap County woman