Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A minor 1.8 magnitude earthquake was recorded Tuesday afternoon just east of state Highway 21, about nine miles south of town.
According to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, the earthquakes coordinates were latitude 48.495, longitude -118.663. That location is close to Fire Mountain.
The network noted the location is also 41.3 miles north-northeast of Grand Coulee and 35.2 miles west of Colville.
The eathquake occurred at 3:44 p.m.
The network reproted the quake occured near the Earth's surface, with a recorded depth of "0.0" kilometers.
For more on the earthquake, click here.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge