Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A minor 1.8 magnitude earthquake was recorded Tuesday afternoon just east of state Highway 21, about nine miles south of town.
According to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, the earthquakes coordinates were latitude 48.495, longitude -118.663. That location is close to Fire Mountain.
The network noted the location is also 41.3 miles north-northeast of Grand Coulee and 35.2 miles west of Colville.
The eathquake occurred at 3:44 p.m.
The network reproted the quake occured near the Earth's surface, with a recorded depth of "0.0" kilometers.
For more on the earthquake, click here.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge