Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A minor 1.8 magnitude earthquake was recorded Tuesday afternoon just east of state Highway 21, about nine miles south of town.
According to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, the earthquakes coordinates were latitude 48.495, longitude -118.663. That location is close to Fire Mountain.
The network noted the location is also 41.3 miles north-northeast of Grand Coulee and 35.2 miles west of Colville.
The eathquake occurred at 3:44 p.m.
The network reproted the quake occured near the Earth's surface, with a recorded depth of "0.0" kilometers.
For more on the earthquake, click here.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington