Wednesday, January 8, 2014
REPUBLIC A minor 1.8 magnitude earthquake was recorded Tuesday afternoon just east of state Highway 21, about nine miles south of town.
According to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, the earthquakes coordinates were latitude 48.495, longitude -118.663. That location is close to Fire Mountain.
The network noted the location is also 41.3 miles north-northeast of Grand Coulee and 35.2 miles west of Colville.
The eathquake occurred at 3:44 p.m.
The network reproted the quake occured near the Earth's surface, with a recorded depth of "0.0" kilometers.
For more on the earthquake, click here.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge