Wednesday, January 8, 2014
OMAK The Wenatchee Valley College at Omak Foundation recently awarded $6,000 in scholarships to students.
The 10 scholarships range in amount from $500 to $1,000 each. The Omak Foundation Scholarship Committee selected the recipients.
Two applicants, Laura Gribble of Omak and Troy Riling-Anderson of Okanogan, were awarded $1,000 each from the Vaughan Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship is funded by donations from the family of Dolores Vaughan.
Both are working on associate of arts and sciences transfer degrees.
Several scholarships were funded by the combined support of Steve and Joyce Chervinskas, Stan Berg Memorial Fund, Franklin Allen Memorial Fund and the Okanogan Regional Home health and Hospice Endowment Fund. They went to:
• Alice Early, Okanogan, associate of applied science transfer, $500.
• Rosaura Vargas, Malott, nursing, $500.
• Sergio Duarte, Omak, associate of applied science transfer degree, $500.
• Billy Taft, Omak, aerospace, $500.
• Lauralei Seiber, Tonasket, nursing, $500.
• Enrique Ortega, Tonasket, criminal justice, associate of technical sciences, $500.
• Julio Perez, Bridgeport, nursing, $500.
• Miranda Sales, Nespelem, associate of applied science transfer, $500.
Tax-deductible donation to the foundation’s scholarship fund may be made by contacting Jennifer Short at Wenatchee Valley College at Omak.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge