Wednesday, January 8, 2014
OMAK The Wenatchee Valley College at Omak Foundation recently awarded $6,000 in scholarships to students.
The 10 scholarships range in amount from $500 to $1,000 each. The Omak Foundation Scholarship Committee selected the recipients.
Two applicants, Laura Gribble of Omak and Troy Riling-Anderson of Okanogan, were awarded $1,000 each from the Vaughan Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship is funded by donations from the family of Dolores Vaughan.
Both are working on associate of arts and sciences transfer degrees.
Several scholarships were funded by the combined support of Steve and Joyce Chervinskas, Stan Berg Memorial Fund, Franklin Allen Memorial Fund and the Okanogan Regional Home health and Hospice Endowment Fund. They went to:
• Alice Early, Okanogan, associate of applied science transfer, $500.
• Rosaura Vargas, Malott, nursing, $500.
• Sergio Duarte, Omak, associate of applied science transfer degree, $500.
• Billy Taft, Omak, aerospace, $500.
• Lauralei Seiber, Tonasket, nursing, $500.
• Enrique Ortega, Tonasket, criminal justice, associate of technical sciences, $500.
• Julio Perez, Bridgeport, nursing, $500.
• Miranda Sales, Nespelem, associate of applied science transfer, $500.
Tax-deductible donation to the foundation’s scholarship fund may be made by contacting Jennifer Short at Wenatchee Valley College at Omak.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge