Wednesday, January 8, 2014
10th Annual Northwest Ice Fishing Festival
February 15, 2014
7 a.m.–3 p.m.: Fishing Registration: Molson Grange Hall or office at Sidley Lake.
7-10 a.m.: Pancake Breakfast in Molson Grange Hall.
8 a.m.-4 p.m.: Fishing on Sidley Lake
8 a.m.-4 p.m.: Arts and crafts show in Molson Grange Hall
10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Coffee, snacks and activities in Molson Grange Hall
12-3 p.m.: Dogsled demonstrations, weather permitting, Molson School yard
3-4 p.m.: Social hour in Molson Grange Hall
4 p.m.: Final time to weigh fish/derby ends.
3-4 p.m.: Social in the Grange Hall
3:30–6 p.m.: Awards Dinner by Sitzmark Ski Area Volunteers.
MOLSON The annual ice fishing festival is on.
"Fishing is looking better at Sidley Lake this year and reports are folks are ice fishing and catching fish and the water quality is better," Oroville Chamber of Commerce President Clyde Andrews said Wednesday."
Registration for the fishing derby opens at 7 a.m. and the ice opens at 8 a.m.
"Fishing is looking better at Sidley Lake this year..."
- Clyde Andrews
Andrews email announcement about the festival, which takes place Feb. 15, follows rumors of the event's demise.
Those rumors stem from unsuccessful fishing the past three years - no fish were caught.
"Seems rumors abound and it is time to dispel some of them," he said.
According to Andrews, Fletcher Mountain fisherman James Iler has fished the lake four times this winter and "limited" each time.
The Oroville Chamber of Commerce is organiziing the event and is being assisted by Robin Stice of Eden Valley Guest Ranch and Larry Smith of Oroville Senior Center.
Proceeds from the event help pay for the cost of maintenance and operation of the lake's aerator and the Oroville Visitor Center.
In addition to the fishing tournament, Mary Lou Kriner of Mary Lou's Gifts is organizing an arts and crafts fair inside Molson Grange.
Rev. Gary Forgey is also organizing a dog sled demonstration, snow permitting.
A pancake breakfast is planned in the grange hall from 7-10 a.m.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge