Wednesday, January 8, 2014
10th Annual Northwest Ice Fishing Festival
February 15, 2014
7 a.m.–3 p.m.: Fishing Registration: Molson Grange Hall or office at Sidley Lake.
7-10 a.m.: Pancake Breakfast in Molson Grange Hall.
8 a.m.-4 p.m.: Fishing on Sidley Lake
8 a.m.-4 p.m.: Arts and crafts show in Molson Grange Hall
10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Coffee, snacks and activities in Molson Grange Hall
12-3 p.m.: Dogsled demonstrations, weather permitting, Molson School yard
3-4 p.m.: Social hour in Molson Grange Hall
4 p.m.: Final time to weigh fish/derby ends.
3-4 p.m.: Social in the Grange Hall
3:30–6 p.m.: Awards Dinner by Sitzmark Ski Area Volunteers.
MOLSON The annual ice fishing festival is on.
"Fishing is looking better at Sidley Lake this year and reports are folks are ice fishing and catching fish and the water quality is better," Oroville Chamber of Commerce President Clyde Andrews said Wednesday."
Registration for the fishing derby opens at 7 a.m. and the ice opens at 8 a.m.
"Fishing is looking better at Sidley Lake this year..."
- Clyde Andrews
Andrews email announcement about the festival, which takes place Feb. 15, follows rumors of the event's demise.
Those rumors stem from unsuccessful fishing the past three years - no fish were caught.
"Seems rumors abound and it is time to dispel some of them," he said.
According to Andrews, Fletcher Mountain fisherman James Iler has fished the lake four times this winter and "limited" each time.
The Oroville Chamber of Commerce is organiziing the event and is being assisted by Robin Stice of Eden Valley Guest Ranch and Larry Smith of Oroville Senior Center.
Proceeds from the event help pay for the cost of maintenance and operation of the lake's aerator and the Oroville Visitor Center.
In addition to the fishing tournament, Mary Lou Kriner of Mary Lou's Gifts is organizing an arts and crafts fair inside Molson Grange.
Rev. Gary Forgey is also organizing a dog sled demonstration, snow permitting.
A pancake breakfast is planned in the grange hall from 7-10 a.m.
More like this story
- Cates, Jessee named MVPs in Caribou Trail League football
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccerreturns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year