Wednesday, January 8, 2014
(2014-029 Jan. 8)
Notice of Threshold SEPA Determination
Loup Loup Bridge, SEPA 2013-11
Okanogan County Department of Public Works plans removal of an existing bridge and installation of a new single span pre-stressed concrete bridge. The new bridge will be constructed next to the existing bridge so the existing bridge can provide uninterrupted fire and emergency access to the adjacent state campground, state forest and private property without the need to install and then remove a temporary bridge. The existing super structure is inadequate for the potential loads on this bridge so there are currently weight restrictions of approximately 5 tons. Upon completion of construction all legal loads will be allowed over the bridge. Approximately 8MBM of timber will be removed. Species include Douglas Fir, Engelmann Spruce, Ponderosa Pine, and Western Larch. Total tree count is approximately 16 trees. Brush and grass will also be removed.
The Okanogan County SEPA Responsible Official has withdrawn the Final Determination of Non Significance issued on November 20, 2013 and has issued a Threshold Determination of Non Significance on the revised project in accordance with WAC 197-11.
The project is located on OCR 2045, Loup Loup Canyon Rd at approximate milepost 4.00, Section 36, T34N, R24E, Willamette Meridian, Okanogan County.
The comment period for this determination ends at 5pm on January 22, 2014. Comments must be submitted in writing. Direct questions and comments to: Charlene Schumacher, Natural Resource Senior Planner, Okanogan County Office of Planning & Development, 123 5th Ave. N, Suite 130, Okanogan, WA 98840, (509) 422-7113.
Information is available at the Office of Planning and Development. Direct your questions to, Charlene Schumacher, Natural Resource Senior Planner at Okanogan County Office of Planning & Development, 123 5th Ave. N., Suite 130, Okanogan, WA 98840, (509) 422-7113 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- (2013-569 Oct. 30) Loup Loup Bridge SEPA 2013-9
- (2014-080 Feb. 5) Notice of Final SEPA Determination Loup Loup Bridge, SEPA 2013-11
- (2013-613 Nov. 20) Notice of Final SEPA Determination Loup Loup Bridge, SEPA 2013-5
- 800- (2013-552 Oct. 23) Notice of Threshold SEPA Determination
- (2014-056 Jan. 22) Loup Loup Bridge SEPA 2013-12
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors