Tuesday, January 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE State Highway 17 remains closed from Milepost 42 to 44 as transportation officials clean up spilled ethanol from the roadway.
According to the state Department of Transportation, the highway was closed at about 5:30 a.m. near Lind Coulee, about eight miles south of Moses Lake.
Officials said the spill of the flamable fuel occurred when a tractor-trailer carrying ethanol hit a guardrail on an overpass.
All of the lanes were blcoked in both directions, officials said, noting a detour is in place from Road 3 to Road M.
Transportation officials do not yet have an estimated reopening time.
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acresHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Crews work to line Pickens North fireHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge