Tuesday, January 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE State Highway 17 remains closed from Milepost 42 to 44 as transportation officials clean up spilled ethanol from the roadway.
According to the state Department of Transportation, the highway was closed at about 5:30 a.m. near Lind Coulee, about eight miles south of Moses Lake.
Officials said the spill of the flamable fuel occurred when a tractor-trailer carrying ethanol hit a guardrail on an overpass.
All of the lanes were blcoked in both directions, officials said, noting a detour is in place from Road 3 to Road M.
Transportation officials do not yet have an estimated reopening time.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge