Tuesday, January 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE State Highway 17 remains closed from Milepost 42 to 44 as transportation officials clean up spilled ethanol from the roadway.
According to the state Department of Transportation, the highway was closed at about 5:30 a.m. near Lind Coulee, about eight miles south of Moses Lake.
Officials said the spill of the flamable fuel occurred when a tractor-trailer carrying ethanol hit a guardrail on an overpass.
All of the lanes were blcoked in both directions, officials said, noting a detour is in place from Road 3 to Road M.
Transportation officials do not yet have an estimated reopening time.
More like this story
- Entries sought for Halloween Harvest Decorating Contest
- St. George’s edges Okanogan soccer, 3-1
- Omak JV takes first at Pateros tournament
- Liberty Bell girls win without No. 1 runner
- Sweet pickleball results for Omak tournament
- Brewster football charges back late to edge Tonasket
- Hunters do well in hunting season openers
- Ashworth pitches in Arizona Fall Classic
- Felines frolic on new cat trees
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Dawgs football rises up to No. 5 in poll