Tuesday, January 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE State Highway 17 remains closed from Milepost 42 to 44 as transportation officials clean up spilled ethanol from the roadway.
According to the state Department of Transportation, the highway was closed at about 5:30 a.m. near Lind Coulee, about eight miles south of Moses Lake.
Officials said the spill of the flamable fuel occurred when a tractor-trailer carrying ethanol hit a guardrail on an overpass.
All of the lanes were blcoked in both directions, officials said, noting a detour is in place from Road 3 to Road M.
Transportation officials do not yet have an estimated reopening time.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE