Tuesday, January 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE State Highway 17 remains closed from Milepost 42 to 44 as transportation officials clean up spilled ethanol from the roadway.
According to the state Department of Transportation, the highway was closed at about 5:30 a.m. near Lind Coulee, about eight miles south of Moses Lake.
Officials said the spill of the flamable fuel occurred when a tractor-trailer carrying ethanol hit a guardrail on an overpass.
All of the lanes were blcoked in both directions, officials said, noting a detour is in place from Road 3 to Road M.
Transportation officials do not yet have an estimated reopening time.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge