Sunday, January 5, 2014
Okanogan County didn’t have to wait long to see the first baby born in 2014.
Isaac James Hamernik was born at 12:54 a.m. Jan. 1 at North Valley Hospital.
His parents are local residents Cheyanne Hamernik, 15, and Justin Pritchett, 17.
Baby Isaac was 21.5 inches long and weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces. He was delivered by midwife Jackie Chambers.
His grandparents are Missy and Sam Pritchett, from Oak Harbor, Michelle Sankey, from Oroville and James Hamernik, from Oak Harbor.
“It’s a big step for me,” Cheyanne Hamernik said. “I’ve just stepped out of my childhood.”
She said she had always liked the name Isaac, which means laughter, and had been planning on naming her son that for as long as she could remember.
Jan. 1 was his scheduled due date, so the couple was already expecting him to be born on New Year’s Day.
Justin Pritchett said it was “exciting” for his son to have the distinction of being the first baby born in Okanogan County.
The couple is originally from Oak Harbor, but now lives in Tonasket.
Hamernik was scheduled to leave the hospital Friday. She said she couldn’t wait to get back home to sleep in her own bed.
“I’m so tired,” she said Thursday.
Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak saw its first baby come into the world the following day.
Nathanial Marcus Hamilton Jr. was born at 7:01 p.m., Jan. 2. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
His parents are Irene Monaghan and Nathan Hamilton, from Omak.
He joins siblings Trenton Hamilton, 9; Akasha Hamilton, 9; and Alayzha Monaghan, 1.
His grandparents are Denise and James Hamilton Sr., and Violet Buckner and Stan Lowley.
As of Friday, Three Rivers Hospital in Brewster and Coulee Medical Center in Grand Coulee had yet to have babies born.
Ferry County Memorial Hospital does not have an obstetrics department.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge