Friday, January 3, 2014
OROVILLE An early Thursday morning fire caused extensive damage to Zosel Lumber Co. sawmill.
Firefighters were called at 6:34 a.m. to the mill at 1 14th Ave. and found the sawmill building fully engulfed in flames, Fire Chief Rod Noel said Thursday. The adjacent chipper facility was saved.
Noel said the fire began in an air compressor at the sawmill at the south end of the facility.
No dollar estimate was available, nor was information on whether the facility was insured.
The mill’s owners could not be contacted for comment.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona