Friday, January 3, 2014
OROVILLE An early Thursday morning fire caused extensive damage to Zosel Lumber Co. sawmill.
Firefighters were called at 6:34 a.m. to the mill at 1 14th Ave. and found the sawmill building fully engulfed in flames, Fire Chief Rod Noel said Thursday. The adjacent chipper facility was saved.
Noel said the fire began in an air compressor at the sawmill at the south end of the facility.
No dollar estimate was available, nor was information on whether the facility was insured.
The mill’s owners could not be contacted for comment.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge