Friday, January 3, 2014
OROVILLE An early Thursday morning fire caused extensive damage to Zosel Lumber Co. sawmill.
Firefighters were called at 6:34 a.m. to the mill at 1 14th Ave. and found the sawmill building fully engulfed in flames, Fire Chief Rod Noel said Thursday. The adjacent chipper facility was saved.
Noel said the fire began in an air compressor at the sawmill at the south end of the facility.
No dollar estimate was available, nor was information on whether the facility was insured.
The mill’s owners could not be contacted for comment.
More like this story
- Pickens Mountain blaze reaches 250 acres
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge