Friday, January 3, 2014
OROVILLE An early Thursday morning fire caused extensive damage to Zosel Lumber Co. sawmill.
Firefighters were called at 6:34 a.m. to the mill at 1 14th Ave. and found the sawmill building fully engulfed in flames, Fire Chief Rod Noel said Thursday. The adjacent chipper facility was saved.
Noel said the fire began in an air compressor at the sawmill at the south end of the facility.
No dollar estimate was available, nor was information on whether the facility was insured.
The mill’s owners could not be contacted for comment.
More like this story
- Golf tournament planned near Pateros
- Okanogan County imposes burn ban
- Commissioners host ATV meeting tonight
- Grant County imposes burning restrictions
- Body found in Okanogan River near Malott
- Fish and wildlife could shut down if there's no state budget deal
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE