Thursday, January 2, 2014
ROYAL CITY The Tonasket High School wrestling team returned Dec. 28 with two individual champions and second place as a team from the Royal Christmas Tournament.
Tiger champions included Collin Aitcheson (120) and John Rawley (195).
Aitcheson won a 7-3 decision over Othello’s Alec Lauriano in the championship bout.
Rawley took a 5-2 decision over Connell’s Greg Heinen in the finals.
Third place went to Austin Knowlton (170)
Fourth place went to Vance Frazier (106), Dyllan Walton (132) and Chad Edwards (285).
Fifth place went to Trevor Peterson (126) and Frank Holfelz (182).
Liberty Bell finished 10th led by second-place finishes by Jacob McMillan (138), Merritt Fink (145), Emmett Fink (152) and Milo Holston (160).
Team scores: 1, Castle Rock 180. 2, Tonasket 150. 3, Warden 145, 4, Granger 134.5, Connell 127. 6, Royal 120,. 7, Chewelah 119. 8, Chelan 114.5. 9, Cashmere 109.5. 10, Liberty Bell 91. 11, Goldendale 89. 12, Othello 85. 13, Reardan 69. 14, Wahluke 40. 15, Riverside 22.
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18